Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem?

bluemc1 said:
there is lots of good arguments for things happening and even if this and that happen we can still do it or still slip up and they are all true BUT my gut gut feeling is if Liverpool beat us on sunday they will win the title, thats why I'm going to be a wreck all week and during the game

Yep, Liverpool will gain immense belief and confidence from beating us and go on to win the League imo. It's vital that we take the opportunity to put a dent in their title challenge, and I think we will.

hgblue said:
bluemc1 said:
there is lots of good arguments for things happening and even if this and that happen we can still do it or still slip up and they are all true BUT my gut gut feeling is if Liverpool beat us on sunday they will win the title, thats why I'm going to be a wreck all week and during the game

Yep, Liverpool will gain immense belief and confidence from beating us and go on to win the League imo. It's vital that we take the opportunity to put a dent in their title challenge, and I think we will.
Or they'll choke, drop points away to palace and at home to Chelsea and we'll be lifting the trophy.
We'll know by the second week of May, or on sunday whether/which of these scenarios will/could happen.

even 1 point in Anfield,will be the gold.....

I don't think Sundays game makes much bearing on the rest of the season. We've won big games before and then played poorly in the next one. I feel like we've had our slump in form and are now fully focussed and in good shape with a lot of squad options available. That should keep our play fresh and full of ideas in an attacking sense. Pellegrini is aware of who plays best with who and where and which defensive combinations are best suited - he knows the pros and cons to Clichy and Kolorov in an attacking and defensive sense. Chelsea lost two in a row and are on a bad run in general with their defeat in Paris, their squad has slipped up but I don't see that happening again. I think they will give Liverpool a real test and I actually see them as being better equipped to get something from Anfield than us simply because our attacking style means we are more likely to concede than Chelsea.

Win, lose or draw at Anfield we will be motivated to do what we have to in the rest of the games. We have a lot of players who came to this club for success and who will want us to win the league. Jovetic, Negredo, Navas will all be desperate to win it and the rest of the squad will want it back and we will see a lot of fight from the players in order to get it. Just as liverpool are starting to look a little jaded and short of ideas, we are getting our attacking players back and all available for the first time this season which will see us on to winning the league I believe. Same record in the last 15 as Liverpool despite all the other games we've had.

Have us coming in on 87 points, having drawn at Liverpool and Everton.

Should we lose at Liverpool, I would then expect us to lay it on the line and win at Everton, meaning us coming in at 88.

However those cards play out, both of those targets will still be enough IMO.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Should we lose at Liverpool, I would then expect us to lay it on the line and win at Everton, meaning us coming in at 88.

Yup.

Palace away I think is a real must-win - unless we have given ourselves some leeway by winning on Merseyside.

We need to win all our home games and take not less than 5 points from our 3 aways.

tolmie's hairdoo said:

Got us all down on 85 points (Chelsea to draw 1 game, Liverpool 2 & us 3)

Our goal difference advantage of 5 over Liverpool might be crucial.

Marvin said:
A draw at Anfield and Goodison will be enough as a draw at Anfield knocks Liverpool's potential points total too.

The danger is that City know that and sub-consciously we go into these games knowing a point will do and we end up on the back foot all game, and go down narrowly.

I am sure that's what happened to Utd when they came to City in 2012 for the 1-0......they hardly got out of our half, and although we rarely looked like scoring, the pattern of the game was set early on, and Kompany got that goal from a corner.

We also need Chelsea to get knocked out tonight. They are our insurance policy. If they go through, then Liverpool's chances of winning that game go up enormously due to the timing of the League game, and the Champions League semi-finals

That is not Pellegrini's style and his captain Kompany is of the same ilk. Worry not Mr Marvin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.