Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

Not going to happen. Probably wasnt before tonight.

We dropped some silly points away early in the season - I personally think the league games with Chelsea Pellegrinij didn't get it right - and two absolute howlers from Hart in the Chelsea game and Vinnie vs Liverpool ... If you do that in the big games then you don't win titles ,.... We really should be about 9 points in front with the games in hand

We need Chelsea to beat Liverpool now and for us its all about winning the next five games and crossing our fingers ...

Why was Hart beaten at the near post for second goal tonight. I swear sometimes his radar is completely off and he hasn't got a clue where the goal is ...

ZZmaestro said:
Well, we'd need the chavs and scousers to draw against each others, and at some point, to have them loose/draw a second time within the next 4 games.....while winning all ours.
Let us say with still have something like 0.01% chance to achieve that.

Liverpool Chelsea draw. Liverpool draw with Norwich or Palace, we finish above Chelsea on GD. Not completely unbelievable but uswinning the next 5 is.

Gutted!

TrueBlue1705 said:
We dropped some silly points away early in the season - I personally think the league games with Chelsea Pellegrinij didn't get it right - and two absolute howlers from Hart in the Chelsea game and Vinnie vs Liverpool ... If you do that in the big games then you don't win titles ,.... We really should be about 9 points in front with the games in hand

We need Chelsea to beat Liverpool now and for us its all about winning the next five games and crossing our fingers ...

Why was Hart beaten at the near post for second goal tonight. I swear sometimes his radar is completely off and he hasn't got a clue where the goal is ...

Sums it up well, 9 points lost against Villa, Sunderland (a) and Cardiff should never have happened, and at least one of the defeats against Chelsea, we've been favourites all season, and this season was our best chance to retain the title, it's going to harder next season. I'm also concerned that Hart isn't all he's cracked up to be, regular mistakes when the pressure is on. Next seasons going to see a lot of movement with players out of contract and a new squad to settle.

You can't win them all, and we tried, this was in my view the mistake The League Cup is a killer with the two legged semi after a busy Xmas programme of matches before the Champions League resumes. I've always maintained that you get out of it as soon as possible and certainly don't play any "A list" players. Negredo was injured late in the second leg and hasn't recovered, his injury forced us to bring Sergio back too early resulting in a reoccurrence of his hamstring So now we have won it play the kids and prioritise the PL and ECL.

My belief has gone after tonight. It's not so much the dropped points but the effort tonight was disgraceful and I'm not even sure we deserved the point.

Quagmire blue said:
My belief has gone after tonight. It's not so much the dropped points but the effort tonight was disgraceful and I'm not even sure we deserved the point.
Agreed. It was a pathetic performance. We just looked to have no ideas going forward all game, and to be honest, it seems like quite a few teams have worked out how to stifle our attack easily and actually look more threatening going forward. There were a few games against lower teams where if they'd had better finishing, they could've easily beaten us.

In a really strange place after getting back from the match. For some reason I can't help thinking we are going to win the league, again on goal difference. After tonight's abject performance i am basing this on solely a gut feeling. I realise I'm probably in the minority.

We don't deserve to win it.

It was there for us to take it.

We just couldn't do it though. Cowards.

Only Zabaleta, Silva, Fernandinho and Agüero can come out if this season with the knowledge that every single game they gave it their all.

Kompany and Hart need to reassess their priorities. After the title win they believed the hype surrounding them and they are now both worse than they were two years ago. Both have cost us vital points with their stupidity and lack of concentration.

As for the rest, I can't even be arsed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.