Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

RegMuffin said:
Liverpool need to draw with Chelsea and draw another. Or just lose one game.

Chelsea just need to drop any points, at Liverpool or elsewhere.

I can se all that happening. Question is can I see us winning all our games? After last night, no. But I said the same after Arsenal a couple of years ago.

Football is 99% about belief. Keep the faith.

Miracles sometimes do happen - but not usually where we're concerned. Even if we win the last five games, and it's a BIG if, I doubt that 86 points will win it this year. I believe that the 96 are sucking the ball into the net for the Dippers. Let them wallow in their shit!

NorthEastScotlandMCFC said:
love the deluded optimism in this thread

There is no delusion, mathematically we can still win the league and until we can't win the league we can win the league.

Everyone can say Liverpool need to drop points here, Chelsea need to draw etc but that is pretty irrelevant if we don't win every game to the end of the season.

The priority now is to concentrate on just winning every game and if we are champions at the end of it then we deserve it, if we aren't then we don't. At the moment it is possible we can be champions so it isn't exactly delusional because if we can drop points against Sunderland at home, Liverpool and Chelsea can too.

RegMuffin said:

I can se all that happening. Question is can I see us winning all our games? After last night, no. But I said the same after Arsenal a couple of years ago.

Sorry, bud - gotta get our heads around the likelihood that that was a once in a lifetime occurrence. Everything ran for us in that last phase of the season. Not least, having all our players fit and firing.

Yesterday was a glimpse of how it really could have gone. Eerily similar in parts to the QPR game (minus fuckhead Barton of course). Nasri's chance was not dissimilar to Aguero's (straighter on goal, but clear shot of the target). I guess we should thank our stars that Kun didn't blaze the ball over ...

Nothing wrong with hoping of course, and I will support the team to the end of the season (as I supported them when they were in the third tier). But I harbour no realistic hope of their lifting the title, nor do I think they deserve it on the balance of this season's play.

Ding Dong said:

Why is it " deluded optimism " ?
Were any trophies given out last night ? NO but definitely not to us now
Will any trophies be given out this weekend ? NO but definitely not to us now
So until they are I for one will continue to be optimistic. !

Deluded or not !
I could understand if we drew after smashing there back doors in but they had a superhero night at the back. It wasn't though we were shambolic, spent, mentally drained and half of them are saving themselves for the WC, that was the end game last night
Nothing to be optimistic about going off that display

Ding Dong said:

Why is it " deluded optimism " ?
Were any trophies given out last night ? NO
Will any trophies be given out this weekend ? NO
So until they are I for one will continue to be optimistic. !

Deluded or not !

Exaxtly, I don't understand why people have to be so quick to say it's over. We are still in the race and after 2011, who knows what will happen?

I believe in Father Christmas but I don't believe City can win the league from here, on the calculator we can, on the pitch after last night, no chance whatsoever. My mate however said she will bet me any amount of money City will win the title, was sorely tempted but couldn't pay off my mortgage on the back of a mates stupidity.

lasereyes said:
RegMuffin said:

Sorry, bud - gotta get our heads around the likelihood that that was a once in a lifetime occurrence. Everything ran for us in that last phase of the season. Not least, having all our players fit and firing.

Yesterday was a glimpse of how it really could have gone. Eerily similar in parts to the QPR game (minus fuckhead Barton of course). Nasri's chance was not dissimilar to Aguero's (straighter on goal, but clear shot of the target). I guess we should thank our stars that Kun didn't blaze the ball over ...

Nothing wrong with hoping of course, and I will support the team to the end of the season (as I supported them when they were in the third tier). But I harbour no realistic hope of their lifting the title, nor do I think they deserve it on the balance of this season's play.

It's not over until it is over.

Liverpool think they have already won it, Chelsea have difficult Champions League games coming up. It would be quite easy for one of them to drop 2 points and then it opens up again.

I'm a believer but only because it is still possible and if we beat West Brom we aren't that far away.

I do think we have to accept though the way we played last night was not that of a title winning side and even now to the end of the season it is still going to be us that is going to cost us the title and not results elsewhere.

inbetween said:
lasereyes said:
RegMuffin said:

It's not over until it is over.

Liverpool think they have already won it, Chelsea have difficult Champions League games coming up. It would be quite easy for one of them to drop 2 points and then it opens up again.

I'm a believer but only because it is still possible and if we beat West Brom we aren't that far away.

I do think we have to accept though the way we played last night was not that of a title winning side and even now to the end of the season it is still going to be us that is going to cost us the title and not results elsewhere.

Of course it's not over and as I said, nothing wrong with hoping. I truly believe Liverpool and Chelsea will drop points, but the way we are playing, I think it's very unlikely we will do enough to overtake them.

Chippy_boy said:
If we win all our games (a big if, granted). than a conceivable scenario is that Chelsea beat Liverpool and then have to go to Cardiff on the last day to get a win to win the league. We know how that feels. If Cardiff are relegated by that time, then we can forget it it, but if by some miracle they are fighting to stay up, then there is a prayer of a hope.

So what's the chance of that all happening?

Us to win all out remaining games? 20% chance.
Chelsea to beat Liverpool? 30%
Cardiff to be stiil in it? 10%
Chelsea to drop points against Cardiff 20%

So overall? 20% x 30% x 10% x 20% = We have a 0.12% chance of being Champions! Or to put it another way, 833 to 1 against.

Believe :-) LOL

Play with the numbers yourselves, by all means.

So you don't think that the 13/2 currently being offered on Skybet is overly generous then?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.