Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Title still possible

Eaglechief said:
Esteban de la Sexface said:
Eaglechief said:
WOW!

The delusion-o-meter is running high on this thread.

The title is gone, finito, kapput forget about this season, it's been wasted.

If we do win it, this should be remembered.

Will you even enjoy it if we do win it?

What a stupid question, of course I will enjoy IF we win the title. BUT WE WON'T.
That Sunderland game was our "last chance saloon" and we blew it big time.

We blew it in 2012 at the emirates. We blew it in 2012 against QPR for 88 minutes.
No, actually, we blew it in the nineties. Or early 80's, depending how far you want to go back.

Part of being a supporter is to actually support the team, regardless of the situation. yes, they were poor and deserve criticism. But football always gives you another chance. The next game.

Liverpool WILL shit themselves. We need to capitalise.

What a stupid question, of course I will enjoy IF we win the title. BUT WE WON'T.
That Sunderland game was our "last chance saloon" and we blew it big time.[/quote]

We blew it in 2012 at the emirates. We blew it in 2012 against QPR for 88 minutes.
No, actually, we blew it in the nineties. Or early 80's, depending how far you want to go back.

Part of being a supporter is to actually support the team, regardless of the situation. yes, they were poor and deserve criticism. But football always gives you another chance. The next game.

Liverpool WILL shit themselves. We need to capitalise.[/quote]

Hope you're right, the problem is we are relying on both Liverpool AND Chelsea to drop points AND we guarantee not to drop any more points!

Much as I'd love to see us win the title, I just can't see it happening now.

Eaglechief said:
IF, IF, IF!!!!

All I'm reading are IF this or that happens we could still win the league.

Stop deluding yourselves for goodness sake!

We have an inept manager and some players who are happy to coast along on the back of their only league title winner's medal (Clichy / Nasri / Kompany and Hart).

Bollocks. Nasri is having his best season. Kompany is in the top three centre halves in the world, he can't turn left the last 2 games for fuck sake. He is playing injured, that is the opposite of coasting.

Inept Manager? When we had a full squad we were dismantling the best teams in the Premier League for fun. Injuries, refereeing decisions and a freak season (no injuries & 12 penalties) from the dippers are contributing factors too.

100%. To the final sentence, you can add "penalties not given against" for good measure.<br /><br />-- Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:36 am --<br /><br />
de niro said:
lasereyes said:
de niro said:
yeh but even when fit pellers leaves them out from time to time. madness. injuries are one thing but voluntarly weaken ourselves is criminal, and he's done that too many times. you dont buy top top players then leave them in the stands ffs.

When has he done this?

how long have you got

Non responsive. You have no examples.

lasereyes said:
Eaglechief said:
IF, IF, IF!!!!

All I'm reading are IF this or that happens we could still win the league.

Stop deluding yourselves for goodness sake!

We have an inept manager and some players who are happy to coast along on the back of their only league title winner's medal (Clichy / Nasri / Kompany and Hart).

Bollocks. Nasri is having his best season. Kompany is in the top three centre halves in the world, he can't turn left the last 2 games for fuck sake. He is playing injured, that is the opposite of coasting.

Inept Manager? When we had a full squad we were dismantling the best teams in the Premier League for fun. Injuries, refereeing decisions and a freak season (no injuries & 12 penalties) from the dippers are contributing factors too.

100%. To the final sentence, you can add "penalties not given against" for good measure.

-- Fri Apr 18, 2014 11:36 am --

de niro said:
lasereyes said:
When has he done this?

how long have you got

Non responsive. You have no examples.

Stoke 0 City 0

Milner, Garcia and Rodwell all in same team.

Lucky to get a point.

Aguero, Navas, Fernandinho all on bench.

Eaglechief said:
WOW!

The delusion-o-meter is running high on this thread.

The title is gone, finito, kapput forget about this season, it's been wasted.

No one is saying we will definitely win it, I think most people are just saying that it's possible. I guess you're right though, football is best known for its predictability. Surprising things never happen in this sport.

Personally, I don't think we'll drop any points now... we're no longer favourites and i've said it before and i'll say it again. We don't cope well under pressure, only as underdogs do we turn up. Chelsea may well drop a few with their CL run in. What we absolutely don't want is them losing at Anfield though.

It certainly is a test of Liverpools balls now. Liverpool are 10 wins on the bounce... such a comfortable position can go for or against you. If it was us in that position, we would simply implode. All it takes is one draw and they'll panic. Might be worth keeping an eye out for Norwich on Sunday. They're in a relegation battle at the minute.

Problem with this Liverpool side is that it's inexperienced with such a league run in. If they do see it out, then kudos to them.

I think it's better than at this stage of the season that we're not sitting at top, as I said, we would implode. Mentally, we can't cope. Plenty of signs this season shown that. Better the spotlight is on Anfield than the Etihad.

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:
Personally, I don't think we'll drop any points now... we're no longer favourites and i've said it before and i'll say it again. We don't cope well under pressure, only as underdogs do we turn up. Chelsea may well drop a few with their CL run in. What we absolutely don't want is them losing at Anfield though.

It certainly is a test of Liverpools balls now. Liverpool are 10 wins on the bounce... such a comfortable position can go for or against you. If it was us in that position, we would simply implode. All it takes is one draw and they'll panic. Might be worth keeping an eye out for Norwich on Sunday. They're in a relegation battle at the minute.

Problem with this Liverpool side is that it's inexperienced with such a league run in. If they do see it out, then kudos to them.

I think it's better than at this stage of the season that we're not sitting at top, as I said, we would implode. Mentally, we can't cope. Plenty of signs this season shown that. Better the spotlight is on Anfield than the Etihad.

Exactly, the media spotlight/love in at Liverpool could have a negative effect on their chances. The spotlight is heaping the pressure on the players. This is evident in Stevie G public display of emotion at the end against us. That cannot be sustained.

If they get a ref who is willing to officiate to the rules against Suarez and Skrtl (no penalties at one end.. and a penalty every time Liverpool defend a set piece, that will help

Liverpool will do what we did in 2012, win the games that mattered at the end.

Norwich away is like when we went there and hammered them
Chelsea at home is like when we beat utd
Palace away like us at Newcastle
Newcastle at home like us v qpr

MeatnSpudsMCFC said:

Exactly, the media spotlight/love in at Liverpool could have a negative effect on their chances. The spotlight is heaping the pressure on the players. This is evident in Stevie G public display of emotion at the end against us. That cannot be sustained.

If they get a ref who is willing to officiate to the rules against Suarez and Skrtl (no penalties at one end.. and a penalty every time Liverpool defend a set piece, that will help

I think you're clutching at straws abit, the possibilities of such a situation are extremely low. I'm just looking at it from an angle where I rather we had fucked it up a month before the season ended, instead of fucking it up at the final week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.