Will we win the Prem / Title still possible (merged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Will we win the Prem (continued)?

I think it is still in City's hands, in that it seems unlikely that Liverpool will win all 4 games. Norwich and Palace are both very defensive on their own turf (Palace have conceded fewer goals than Liverpool this season) and surely Chelsea won't roll-over, especially as they can still win the title if they win at Anfield. So Liverpool should drop points somewhere in those games ?

So I suspect that if City can win their last 6 games then they will be Champions ... but that is still a mammoth task, especially as it involves trips to the aforementioned defensive Palace, and to Everton who will probably need to beat us to pip Arsenal to the Champions League. ie: that match is worth tens of millions to them and they will throw everything at us, just as Liverpool did on Sunday.

So most likely result is that both Liverpool and City drop points ... which could yet allow Chelsea to sneak home. But that adds another unknown ... will Chelsea have one eye on Europe and play a weaker team in the League ? We don't know what Mourinho is thinking there.

I'm just praying that City can treat this as 6 cup-finals and power their way to the title on the last day, just as they did in 2012. City have the players to do it, but they will also need more luck (and better refereeing) than we had at Anfield.

First cup-final is tonight ... come on City !

inchy14 said:
eversince 76 said:
Hillsborough anniversary ... Gerard never won the title ...
The stories are too good to let go. Liverpool will win it.

I keep hearing the bullshit of 'doing it for the 96'

Well they won it the year after Hillsborough so who was that for?
Did the not give a shit about the 96 since 1990

Blue Theatre said:
I think it is still in City's hands, in that it seems unlikely that Liverpool will win all 4 games. Norwich and Palace are both very defensive on their own turf (Palace have conceded fewer goals than Liverpool this season) and surely Chelsea won't roll-over, especially as they can still win the title if they win at Anfield. So Liverpool should drop points somewhere in those games ?

So I suspect that if City can win their last 6 games then they will be Champions ... but that is still a mammoth task, especially as it involves trips to the aforementioned defensive Palace, and to Everton who will probably need to beat us to pip Arsenal to the Champions League. ie: that match is worth tens of millions to them and they will throw everything at us, just as Liverpool did on Sunday.

So most likely result is that both Liverpool and City drop points ... which could yet allow Chelsea to sneak home. But that adds another unknown ... will Chelsea have one eye on Europe and play a weaker team in the League ? We don't know what Mourinho is thinking there.

I'm just praying that City can treat this as 6 cup-finals and power their way to the title on the last day, just as they did in 2012. City have the players to do it, but they will also need more luck (and better refereeing) than we had at Anfield.

First cup-final is tonight ... come on City !

I'm trying to put a positive spin on it, i like you think if we win our next 6 we still win the prem, so i said to my old fella last night, we have won every home game this year bar Chelsea and you couldn't ask for 4 easier home games than Sunderland, West brom, Villa and West ham so I'm putting them in the bank. so for me I'm saying we have to win 2 games to win the title Palace and Everton 2 games and its ours :)
please leave me to think like this its how I'm coping

I think we still have quite a chance, but I do feel incredibly deflated by the results against Liverpool,Arsenal, and Chelsea. The champion narrative includes being able to answer the bell when a big game approaches, that we were unable to cope with our biggest in the 2nd half of the season when we knew what was left to play for really leaves a sour taste in my mouth in regards to our chances. Of course, the earlier results against lesser sides are more important in the points tally, but when you get to this end of the season and you know what you need to do, there is something to be said for having the mental and physical toughness required to get the results you need. Each of those matches has a more specific reason why things went negatively for us, but on the whole I feel as if champions find a way to win at least one of those matches, and probably two of them, against whatever adversity they face. I worry that we may drop more points than you'd expect in these final 6.

And before anyone goes on and on about the manager, I think he's hardly at fault. This group of players has to be held responsible. I love them all and have no desire to see any of them leave, but the athletes on the pitch have to be responsible for their performances.

teddykgb said:
I think we still have quite a chance, but I do feel incredibly deflated by the results against Liverpool,Arsenal, and Chelsea. The champion narrative includes being able to answer the bell when a big game approaches, that we were unable to cope with our biggest in the 2nd half of the season when we knew what was left to play for really leaves a sour taste in my mouth in regards to our chances. Of course, the earlier results against lesser sides are more important in the points tally, but when you get to this end of the season and you know what you need to do, there is something to be said for having the mental and physical toughness required to get the results you need. Each of those matches has a more specific reason why things went negatively for us, but on the whole I feel as if champions find a way to win at least one of those matches, and probably two of them, against whatever adversity they face. I worry that we may drop more points than you'd expect in these final 6.

And before anyone goes on and on about the manager, I think he's hardly at fault. This group of players has to be held responsible. I love them all and have no desire to see any of them leave, but the athletes on the pitch have to be responsible for their performances.

Rounders fan ? do you play ?

inchy14 said:
eversince 76 said:
Hillsborough anniversary ... Gerard never won the title ...
The stories are too good to let go. Liverpool will win it.

I keep hearing the bullshit of 'doing it for the 96'

Well they won it the year after Hillsborough so who was that for?

Emotional blackmail mate I too keep hearing it. Hence why refs are scared to make correct calls because God forbid they insult the memory of the 96.

as much as i hate the rags i cant remember them crying in group hugs after 34 games...
liverpool will be haunted by that for years to come, for a start they wont beat norwich or liverpool in the next two games leaving city needing to beat everton to have a chance to win the title from boring jose.
henderson was liverpools energy v city, i still dont rate him but to be fair his energy allowed stirling and coutinho space to play.. they will miss him mark my words and will finish 3rd

fowler70 said:
as much as i hate the rags i cant remember them crying in group hugs after 34 games...
liverpool will be haunted by that for years to come, for a start they wont beat norwich or liverpool in the next two games leaving city needing to beat everton to have a chance to win the title from boring jose.
henderson was liverpools energy v city, i still dont rate him but to be fair his energy allowed stirling and coutinho space to play.. they will miss him mark my words and will finish 3rd

Its theirs mate sometimes its best to admit its over I mean the Vinny injury, the Yaya injury, the Vinny mistake that is some shite luck all to happen in one game.

Have to just take it game by game.....and see what happens when Liverpool play Chelsea.

br62 said:
Have to just take it game by game.....and see what happens when Liverpool play Chelsea.

Yep I don't think we will be spending too much time on how we handle Everton tonight in the locker rooms and team meeting at COMS tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.