William and Kate [Merged]

Cheesy said:
JohnMaddocksAxe said:
Don't worry about all that tourism $hite. Last time I looked France does ok for tourism and the Palace of Versaille is a top tourist attraction.

Estimations say that the French President costs the taxpayer over $100m a year. Our Royal Family 'costs' us a bout £30m a year.

Just a comparison you may find interesting :-)

-- Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:39 pm --

lloydie said:
Regardless of cost, we could argue all day about that, I for one find it objectionable to be considered the "subject" of anyone no matter how nominal that status is. To continue with this anachronism, despite the obvious undeserved patronage and influence they exert, is a sign of how subservient and reactionary we are as nation. I always find it funny that the very people who moan about the "Nanny state" are usually the ones most in need of Mummy and Daddy figures as heads of state. This country will never grow up whilst we feel the need to worship a bunch freeloaders granted privilege for having ancestors who had the biggest gang on the block a couple of hundred years ago.
Tug away forelock tuggers, I wont ever consider King Chaz with his 5 O levels and pointless, irrational pronouncements as superior to me even if his views continue to influence public opinion and policy.

The fact that you consider yourself to be below them says more about you & your outlook than anything else :-)

You have little grasp of your leige's english if you construed that from my post and even less grasp of the British constitution.
Oops, missed the smiley, Ooh you cheeky subject you!

FUCK SAKE theres me waiting for emmerdale and its not on till half past bcoz these two idiots are on my screen!

Dildo's and fake tan aside. Is anyone really arsed?

I know some dim women will be into it because of the posh dresses and stuff but it's pretty sad all the same.

Mind you, if this means Cheryl Cole and her po faced moaning is relegated to the lesser news channels then so be it.

Think it's about time this fuckin country grew up a bit,why would anyone in their right mind want a privledged family to 'reign over' them?
It's very backward IMO but not as backward as wanting to wear a dead persons engagement ring.
God bless em......they do a marvellous job

Lucky Toma said:
lloydie said:
Regardless of cost, we could argue all day about that, I for one find it objectionable to be considered the "subject" of anyone no matter how nominal that status is. To continue with this anachronism, despite the obvious undeserved patronage and influence they exert, is a sign of how subservient and reactionary we are as nation. I always find it funny that the very people who moan about the "Nanny state" are usually the ones most in need of Mummy and Daddy figures as heads of state. This country will never grow up whilst we feel the need to worship a bunch freeloaders granted privilege for having ancestors who had the biggest gang on the block a couple of hundred years ago.
Tug away forelock tuggers, I wont ever consider King Chaz with his 5 O levels and pointless, irrational pronouncements as superior to me even if his views continue to influence public opinion and policy.

As always, superb.

Plus 1 . I'd never bow to any fucker .I ain't better than no man , and no man's no better than me .
As for calling someone m'am , well there's only one person worthy of being called that and she lives in Blackley .

A good day to bury bad news though .

As if I need reminding of my place in society, as a "subject".. (peasant).. I'd much rather be a citizen of this country and hand that title down to the next generation, than sit and watch a hyped up Royal wedding.

Congrats to the young couple.

Keep your traditions, Brits. Don't become boring like America with our "royalty"-- whores like Paris Hilton and illiterate hood rat basketball players. At least the royal family looks dignified, aside from the occasional silly transgression.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.