William Carvalho

Must admit I'd heard a lot about him but not seen him much until the Euros and watched out for him then and wasn't too impressed.
Having said that I don't think form in International tournaments translates very well to club form. I've seen players look really good in tournaments and average domestically and visa versa.

I honestly don't know how you can not have been impressed with him during the Euros! He was brilliant for Portugal, one of the main reasons all Frances attacking talent couldn't do anything in the final.

I'd like to point out I'm not a rabid Carvalho fan either, I'm pretty ambivalent, especially as I think him coming would mean either Yaya turning down our contract or Fabinho going elsewhere, and I'd rather neither those things happen.

It just pisses me off how people on here rate a perfectly good player as a donkey based on absolutely sod all.

Last edited:
I honestly don't know how you can not have been impressed with him during the Euros! He was brilliant for Portugal, one of the main reasons all Frances attacking talent couldn't do anything in the final.
Maybe I should rewatch some of that match, I was on holiday and in a pub for the final and maybe concentrating more on France. I am more talking about earlier in the tournament when Portugal were poor and Carvalho didn't impress me .

No please. Fabinho needed. This guys lacks pace. You need pace to survive in this league

Fabregas, Xabi Alonso and Gareth Barry suggest otherwise.

The idea you have to be fast in the premier league is complete rubbish, players with good positioning will be better than fast players who rely on their pace to bail them out 9 times out of 10.

Not worth considering anything but the elite from Portuguese league, bang average, and they have taken two years to get up to speed before we release them.

Xabi Alonso and Gareth Barry suggest otherwise.
So does Yaya, Barry, Carrick, Dier and a hell of a lot of other players. Needing pace in the premier league is one of those ridiculous myths that people love to spread

Can't see this one. Only "rumours" are via city watch- no itk on here has claimed this to be the case. Probably pressure on the Fabinho camp tbh

I have a feeling that this is popping up because Yaya might not extend, it sounded like he was going to think it over during the weekend so the timing would fit. I hope I'm wrong though.

Can't see this one. Only "rumours" are via city watch- no itk on here has claimed this to be the case. Probably pressure on the Fabinho camp tbh
City Watch are just retweeting Goncalo Lopes, who is far more reliable than any of our "ITK'", who have a mixed record at best. Lopes is as trustworthy as they come

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.