Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surpised people here aren't getting more excited about potentially signing Willian. This guy was the star of a very good Shaktar team. To those saying we are well stocked, once Sinclair leaves we will have no left wingers and only 1 winger in total. I feel Silva is wasted on the left and is better playing centrally. Also, don't get what Nasri has done in the last 2 seasons for people to defend him so much. Yeah he has the potential to be world class, but we have rarely seen it. Why do people think that is going to change this season. Besides, Toure and Jovetic can play that CAM role.

HenryNacho said:
Surpised people here aren't getting more excited about potentially signing Willian. This guy was the star of a very good Shaktar team. To those saying we are well stocked, once Sinclair leaves we will have no left wingers and only 1 winger in total. I feel Silva is wasted on the left and is better playing centrally. Also, don't get what Nasri has done in the last 2 seasons for people to defend him so much. Yeah he has the potential to be world class, but we have rarely seen it. Why do people think that is going to change this season. Besides, Toure and Jovetic can play that CAM role.
Actually, if we sell Sinclair, we still have Jovetic who can play on the left, Nasri can play there too and has played there the past two seasons.

I definitely think we should be looking to replace Sincalir if he moves on, my only issue would be is that if Willian is too high profile to be in the team already packed with players who are top class.

Would love him here to play on the left, he would complete our attacking unit for sure!

I can see him ending up in the Premier though.

My Proposed Starting Lineups ...
790213_Manchester_City.jpg
790217_Manchester_City.jpg

790601_Manchester_City.jpg

City have told several members of the press there is nothing to this, so either they're bluffing or Brazilian media are just liars like so many around the world. I think Willian would be great in this league whether at City or elsewhere, but even if we were interested I'm not sure we'll spend anything more except on a defender, because of the FFP limits.

And luckyadeel78, you need to join the real world... we've spent £83million and you want to add De Rossi, Garay, Pjanic, and Di Maria (combined cost roughly another £80million) to an already stacked squad? Unless we sell (which is easier said than done with certain members of the squad...), the most this bulging squad can hold right now is a central defender and maybe a left winger. They might want to leave a door ajar for the kids as well.

Its getting late in this window, but if Kolorov, Sinclair & Garcia were jetisoned, my understanding is that the fees paid for any new players will be spread over the lengths of their contracts and wouldn't have a devastating effect on our FFP position.

The key to getting new players is first shifting the deadwood and more importantly realistic wages for players coming in.

If it was down to me, I'd be as ageressive in achieving this as possible and I'd be making bids for Coentrao, Pepe and Willian and if more savings were needed to ensure this could happen, I'd coinsider selling Barry & Lescott too. Jobs a good-un and we'd be ready to rumble....... :-)

It does make you question the source with it being ESPN Brazil, if it was the English media I would treat it as a non-story.

I don't believe that he will go for the fee quoted though, but I can see City wanting to keep it on the quiet as I can see Tottenham, Arsenal and Chelsea all looking at buying him, especially with it being a so called fire sale at Anzhi, one club could potentially get a steal from this deal.

I think a fee of around £20-25m will get him.

If he does come to us then I don't see any room for Nasri . Jovetic actually prefers to play CM but can play as a striker, silva is best through the middle and Yaya can also play further forward. So really the question which needs to be asked is Willian better than Nasri on the left wing. Forget Nasris ability in the centre it's about playing on the wing. With FFP the proceeds from Nasri would presumably pay for Willian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.