Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
The funny thing is, it's the same old that were slating Willy every time he played.

Willy given a bit of time, given a bit of confidence and support from the fans and he's a different player.
You'd imagine some may be able to see a pattern emerging. Wishful thinking I suppose.
Perhaps that these highly rated keepers are actually pretty good given time.

A lesson to be learnt?

And you can guarantee it's the same crowd who slated Sterling last season who are the first to jump on G. Jesus if he doesn't deliver immediately.

As i said it starts with him being confident and commanding,the goalie sets the tone at the back,willy v barca and last night looks much better even though he doesn't play much

"confident" "commanding" we are now reduced to blaming Bravo for intangible voodo bullshit. Its getting pathetic Karen.

Funny how you constantly ask for evidence ,what evidence do you have to say the defence aren't more nervous with bravo behind them?
As with all things in life we form an opinion based on many different things,you can only go on what you see and feel
I absolutely agree, but I am not the one stating my opinion as facts.

All you need to know is the West Ham forums were gutted when they heard Bravo wasn't playing....
Well if that's all we need to know, it should only be fair to let people know that prior to kickoff many WH fans thought they'd be giving us a good game, and were claiming that Pep was a fraud. Fans are always right - that's really all we need to know eh?

I don't believe that we've seen enough of both keepers skill sets to realistically judge strengths/weaknesses. There's only been a handful of remotely difficult saves for either keeper to make. We've only seen WC a couple of times recently and that's all we have to go off - we don't see what the coaches see in training, therefore our info. is very limited.

I like WC as a keeper and would like to see more of him, that said CB is our 1st choice keeper and to change things at this moment in time could be a huge gamble, which if it didn't work would do nothing but harm. I think there's not a lot between them, as both seem to be able to follow Pep's instructions and haven't done that much wrong. I'd have JH back tomorow if he was able to follow Pep's instructions and looked composed when the ball was coming back to his feet under pressure.

The funny thing is, it's the same old that were slating Willy every time he played.

Willy given a bit of time, given a bit of confidence and support from the fans and he's a different player.
You'd imagine some may be able to see a pattern emerging. Wishful thinking I suppose.
Perhaps that these highly rated keepers are actually pretty good given time.

A lesson to be learnt?
problem is Bravo at best isn't ready. if he's to adapt its him that should be playing second fiddle to willy. the premier league takes no prisoners and it certainly doesn't give you time to get up to speed. now you can carry a forward or almost any outfield player but a goalie is specialized and isn't afforded that grace. a very bad buy imo. should have scouted in the uk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.