Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
I though Willy was a bit flappy with crosses at times last night. Personally I'm not overly happy with him or Bravo as the long term keeper.

I think the decision to replace Hart was correct though.

Time will tell on Bravo but it's been an average start.

An average start is a fair assessment.

The problem is that because he replaced Hart, he was never going to be allowed a few months to find his feet and start performing, and now the media, which performed one of the most violent U-turns in the last decade as soon as Hart left he country, and some of our fans have created such a furore around him that this thread gets 50 pages every time he concedes a goal, 100 when he does something Hart used to do all the time like flap at a cross.

And now we've got sarcastic jeering every time he claims a ball or makes a save.

Any new signing, especially a keeper, needs some good support and patience while they find their feet, but a minority of fans, some of which reside in this thread, are creating an environment in which it's impossible for him to succeed, and the saddest thing is they'd rather undermine him and see him fail to prove them right, rather than encourage and support our player and get their initial skepticism proven wrong.

I think he also acts as a lightning rod for a section of fans who don't like Guardiola, but feel they can't say it because they'd (rightly) be laughed out of the room.

He'll probably improve his form a fair bit, but it will never be recognised because of the initial bad impression, and then in a few years he'll be replaced and people will pretend he was shite when he wasn't, but at least his successor won't get the witch hunt welcome party Bravo's had to endure.

What a lovely little insight into your mind -

A) Pep never adapts! He's too STUBBORN

B) Pep adapted - WHAT AN ADMISSION OF FAILURE!

No wonder you're not a fan, you've created a world where whatever he does is wrong.
not at all. if he drops bravo and then ceases to rotate i'll be his biggest fan.

funny when he does these things we win handsomely.

not at all. if he drops bravo and then ceases to rotate i'll be his biggest fan.

funny when he does these things we win handsomely.
So you'll be a fan whaen he agrees with yourself and manages how you want, funny when Pep does things his way he usually win trophies, I'll give him a bit of time and see the finished results before deciding whether to support him , not make it a condition he has to pick the players and team I think he should.
Rotation wont be going anywhere neither will Bravo.

Teams are playing out from the back this season more than ever before, so it looks like the English game is already slowly but surely changing shape. The days of a keeper clogging the ball over the halfway line at most opportunities will soon be over and it's a reality that we'll just have to get used to, like it or not. I'm ok with it, and I think our national side has been left behind because of the slowness to adapt to this style of play in the PL.

This piece explains succinctly what Pep is looking for, and expects from a keeper http://www.goal.com/en/news/1862/pr...ootloose-why-goalkeepers-today-must-pass-move

Whether or not WC or CB can provide this, time will tell.

I just wanted to say thanks Willy for another good performance. It seems likely that Caballero will move on in the Summer and he's been an excellent servant to our Club. Willy has been a good quality back up keeper and never complained at being left out of the team.

Caballero putting a zorb on his head and screaming "I am Leroy" repeatedly at Sané has to be my favourite thing I've ever seen City put out.
Or maybe second to Kolarov shouting "Be a man" at the social media team while firing rocket shots at their arses.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.