Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's quite sad then isn't it mate. We have a back up player who will be dropped no matter how well he plays and a so called first choice player who plays regardless of how he performs. Hardly inspiring for players to join us is it.?

And yet people laughingly say pep isn't stubborn.
Willy is a good keeper and gives his all when asked. He isnt the future and whether some like it or not, he will return to the bench on Wed, and will no doubt be moved on in the summer. He has been a good servant. Pep brought in Bravo to play a style quite differently to how we and most other clubs have seen before, and even Pep admitted it will not go smoothly at first. You and others might simply think he is being stubborn, but I suspect he knows what he is doing. I dont want to derail this thread into a Bravo discussion though.

Willy had a decent game. He's a good squad player.
Bravo will play Wednesday and rightly so.
Why would Bravo be dropped? He had a very good game against Spurs. So to drop him for doing nothing wrong is just a vanity hope from some of our fans!

Willy had a decent game. He's a good squad player.
Bravo will play Wednesday and rightly so.
Why would Bravo be dropped? He had a very good game against Spurs. So to drop him for doing nothing wrong is just a vanity hope from some of our fans!

Yes Bravo will play on Wednesday but he didn't have a good game against Spurs. He didn't have much of a chance with the goals but they were hit from around the penalty spot so he could have gambled to one side or the other. His distribution was pretty good but if Bravo was good against Spurs then Willy was outstanding against Palace (in comparison).

Willy deserves an opportunity, I don't particularly rate him but if picking the side purely on merit he starts over Bravo. He did ok at the start of the season when he took over from Hart and he hasn't let anyone down when he has replaced Bravo in the cups.

We should just look at it that we have a back-up keeper who is reliable, and seems a good chap. It wasn't that long ago when some posters on here thought he was a liability. This in turn will hopefully have a positive effect on Bravo. Gunn will hopefully step into Willy's shoes next year. In an odd way Willy seems to have grown in confidence since Joe left.

Yes Bravo will play on Wednesday but he didn't have a good game against Spurs. He didn't have much of a chance with the goals but they were hit from around the penalty spot so he could have gambled to one side or the other. His distribution was pretty good but if Bravo was good against Spurs then Willy was outstanding against Palace (in comparison).

Kicking was exceptional against Spurs, not sure I agree he should just be diving regardless of situation. Only watched Willy on the lads twitter and he looked fine.
But to drop Bravo based on the Spurs game would be silly.

Kicking was exceptional against Spurs, not sure I agree he should just be diving regardless of situation. Only watched Willy on the lads twitter and he looked fine.
But to drop Bravo based on the Spurs game would be silly.

So OK then, in a penalty shootout you would tell the keeper to stay rooted down the middle regardless of the attackers going to aim for the corners. The Spurs chances were equivalent to penalties.

Why would Bravo be dropped for one performance. I would give him a last chance too but he has to improve on a one save per
month ratio. Yes the defence have been absent at times but it didn't stop Willy making a fine one on one save at the end of the Celtic game. Contract that with Bravo's attempts against Leicester.

What an improvement from when he first arrived and looked pretty shaky until now. Looks very solid IMO.

I have far more confidence in him to make a game-changing save than Bravo. I'd start him.

The encouraging thing is that even experienced goalkeepers who arrive from Spain and look shaky whenever they play can turn it around, and Caballero is proof of that. Follow Willy's lead, Bravo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.