Willy Caballero - 2016/17 performances

Status
Not open for further replies.
Starting to change my opinion now. First of all, thanks to Pep's stubborness over Bravo the Prem is completely shot and is now Chelsea's to throw away (I think we will finish second as the forward options are looking good .....) It follows that City should make a strong move for the FA Cup - I think the weakened teams of Liverpool and Southampton were an insanity but hey ho.

However if Willy is promoted to No1 (as he should be IMHO) then Bravo becomes No2 and he then has to play in the FA Cup and that scuppers that competition too because you will not win an FA Cup without a 'worldie' save somewhere along the line (Bravo doesn't have one).

So it follows that as long as Willy stays in for the FA Cup games we are in with a strong chance for two trips to Wembley and bit of silverware - bring it on. Shame about the Prem but there we are.

The bloke was shaky when he turned up, now I feel ten times more comfortable having him in goal instead of Bravo, pulled off a save yesterday that Bravo wouldn't have got and made a few dives to cover his posts which Bravo wouldn't have done either.

Willy is a good keeper and gives his all when asked. He isnt the future and whether some like it or not, he will return to the bench on Wed, and will no doubt be moved on in the summer. He has been a good servant. Pep brought in Bravo to play a style quite differently to how we and most other clubs have seen before, and even Pep admitted it will not go smoothly at first. You and others might simply think he is being stubborn, but I suspect he knows what he is doing. I dont want to derail this thread into a Bravo discussion though.

and Bravo at 34 is?

The sad truth is tbat Willy hasn't changed much since arriving. Only the perception of him has changed. The error was always with fans not the keeper.

The same folks who are crying for Willy now, were the same folks who didn't want him near the squad and whined daily about how he could never keep a clean sheet.

I see some familiar names amongst the herd.At least I'm happy they've come on board. Sadly I don't remember any apologies for their insults.

Anyway Bravo will stay #1 untill he fucks up. So far he hasn't. Has simply failed to be impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.