Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

Goalkeeper Willy Caballero City will be next season, as confirmed Javier Bautista in Playtime. Malaga and Manchester City have reached an agreement to transfer would be around around eight million euros, amount which is not yet closed.

Argentine goalkeeper will medical in Manchester on Monday and sign the contract that will link with the City, in principle, the next three seasons.

Knight has had to cancel their last days of vacation in Argentina and return to Malaga to close its settlement with the directive of the white club. Hence leave for Manchester to be under the orders of her former technician in the Andalusian team, Manuel Pellegrini.

The goalkeeper, one of the best in the Spanish League, recently made headlines when, against all expectations, stayed off the list for the World Cup.

To replace him in goal for Málaga ring the Mexican national team goalkeeper Guillermo "Memo Ochoa The 'Argentine Student and Geronimo

Translator Toolkit Website Translator Global Market Finder

English Spanish French Spanish Arabic Spanish - detected English

Did you mean: s Los clubes han cerrado un acuerdo que

Ta.

So they are replacing him with the freeebie Mexican lad,i'm not surprised they're keen to deal!

Something tells me he's not coming in as just a backup.

We're shelling out 7m-11m and he'll take up a foreign slot. Joe will be looking over his shoulder.

Blue Haze said:

We're shelling out 7m-11m and he'll take up a foreign slot. Joe will be looking over his shoulder.

These have been my thoughts since we have been seriously linked.

I think Manuel will have Willy and Joe battling it out over pre-season and will determine who he believes is his best keeper.

In my opinion, I am not convinced by Hart on a consistent basis and I would not be shocked to see Caballero being our number one when the season starts.

Blue Haze said:

Pellegrini trusts him a lot just like Demichelis. Demichelis was easily favoured over Lescott/Nastasic. Can see Caballero getting all cup games including all CL games/FA/League Cup games.

He certainly will have more/bigger role than Panti. They must hope a strong GK maybe will improve Hart too. But the other side of it if that improvement of Hart doesnt happen at least we will have a good goalie instead of him.

Willy Caballero

I agree with the general consensus here... the only reason we would not sign a homegrown keeper is if we intend the signing to REPLACE Hart in the first team. Could be interesting!

Tricky_Trev said:
I agree with the general consensus here... the only reason we would not sign a homegrown keeper is if we intend the signing to REPLACE Hart in the first team. Could be interesting!

Not necessarily replace, just provide sterner competition than, say, John Ruddy.

I think Hart's the better keeper, but he'll have to stay on top of his game to keep Caballero out. That's a fairly ideal situation IMO.

CityStu said:
Tricky_Trev said:

Not necessarily replace, just provide sterner competition than, say, John Ruddy.

I think Hart's the better keeper, but he'll have to stay on top of his game to keep Caballero out. That's a fairly ideal situation IMO.

Until one of them hands in a transfer request.

Given didn't stay around for long. Neither will whoever ends up as backup.

Will Javi Garcia now be sold as we have 18 foreigners now as Caballero signing seems very likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.