Willy Caballero (signing confirmed, page 64)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Willy Caballero

Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
So £5.5m rising to £8.7m based on appearances?

That seems fine.

Fully agree.

5.5m base outlay for a fantastic GK like Caballero is very good business, especially as keepers can play until their late 30s.

Joe Hart will be shitting his pants.

Hamann Pineapple said:
better dead than red said:
Hamann Pineapple said:
Caballero means cowboy in English

Caballero means "gentleman" or "knight". Vaquero translates to "cowboy"

Only on Wikipedia, colloquially in South America it means cowboy, broaden your horizons.

Didn't get my translation from Wikipedia. I'm not in any way fluent but I took six years of Spanish in school and can get along. My post wasn't done with any malice and I certainly don't appreciate your attitude in return.

Hamann Pineapple said:
Caballero means "gentleman" or "knight". Vaquero translates to "cowboy"

Only on Wikipedia, colloquially in South America it means cowboy, broaden your horizons.

Didn't get my translation from Wikipedia. I'm not in any way fluent but I took six years of Spanish in school and can get along. My post wasn't done with any malice and I certainly don't appreciate your attitude in return.

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-PIckHrZ0o[/video]

Stoned Rose said:
Blue Is the Opposite of Blue said:
So £5.5m rising to £8.7m based on appearances?

That seems fine.

Fully agree.

5.5m base outlay for a fantastic GK like Caballero is very good business, especially as keepers can play until their late 30s.

Joe Hart will be shitting his pants.

This is a good deal for a good keeper. I like Joe but he can't be guaranteed a starting place. Joe has certainly regressed over the last couple of years - although after being dropped last year his form did improve but he will need to push on if he's to become a great keeper. I can understand Joe getting complacent - for the last few years no one was pushing him in either the City or England set up. I hope Joe welcomes the challenge and uses this as a positive. Players like Zabba and Kolorov have faced major competition for their place over the last three years and both have really upped their game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.