Wimbledon 2024

I have taken an instant dislike to Draper. He is from Sutton, Surrey. So we all know which team he ' supports'. Step forward fellow Surrey Rags, Stormy, Nish Kumar et al.
Call me irrational, but just annoys me intensely, ffs support Sutton United or some other local team instead of being a glory hunter.

Well done Cam Norrie ( and FYI no idea who he supports...!).
Newcastle United....

I have not seen Raducanu’s match as there was a blt of footy on the other side. The reports however suggest she was excellent in beating the number 9 seed. The highlights for me. A great run for the world 135.

I have not seen Raducanu’s match as there was a blt of footy on the other side. The reports however suggest she was excellent in beating the number 9 seed. The highlights for me. A great run for the world 135.

Yep same

footy on and I sort of forget the tennis running order, But it sounds like another good win,
Let's be honest, Emma Raducanu is better than the world ranking system of 135 and is easily in the top 10 players.

Whatever the new coach has done her mindset is spot on, I love the attitude and controlled anger and playing off the front foot is wonderful to watch, I said after her last game if she plays like this she can win Wimbledon

Yep same

footy on and I sort of forget the tennis running order, But it sounds like another good win,
Let's be honest, Emma Raducanu is better than the world ranking system of 135 and is easily in the top 10 players.

Whatever the new coach has done her mindset is spot on, I love the attitude and controlled anger and playing off the front foot is wonderful to watch, I said after her last game if she plays like this she can win Wimbledon
She is improving but I’m not sure she is top 10 yet
She only just recently defeated a top 10 player

Yep same

I have seen some highlights now, though not very good ones.
When she burst on the scene three years ago, I thought she was the most talented player we had produced since Murray at the same age. Yesterday showed that the talent is most definitely still there. She produced some wonderful shots. One return of serve with pace and angle had the server groping thin air. She was smiling again and totally commanded the court.
I just hope her body and mind have matured and she can get back to her best.
You are right about her coach; it is the guy who coached her as a junior. They obviously have rapport. Stick to him, Emma, it works!
She has now beaten two top ten players this grass season. Her ranking will be in the top 100 post Wimbledon. It was over 300 when she first returned. From the way she is playing, I would put her currently in the top 20. She just needs some more matches under her belt.
Onwards and upwards.

Last edited:
I have seen some highlights now, though not very good ones.
When she burst on the scene three years ago, I thought she was the most talented player we had produced since Murray at the same age. Yesterday showed that the talent is most definitely still there. She produced some wonderful shots. One return of serve with pace and angle had the server groping thin air. She was smiling again and totally commanded the court.
I just hope her body and mind have matured and she can get back to her best.
You are right about her coach; it is the guy who coached her as a junior. They obviously have rapport. Stick to him, Emma, it works!
She has now beaten two top ten players this grass season. Her ranking will be in the top 100 post Wimbledon. It was over 300 when she first returned. From the way she is playing, I would put her currently in the top 20. She just needs some more matches under her belt.
Onwards and upwards.

I think she can be a multi-major winner, On grass and at the US Open later this year are her best chances.
You have to take your chance Right Now at Wimbledon, Nobody is playing better than her at the moment.

She's got all the shots in her toolbox and the crowd right behind her. It could happen

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.