Wimbledon 2024

It's a toxic place.

I think he was set up with the “whoever England are playing” comment but that was daft considered he represents Great Britain.

I’m Welsh but would too wear the Union Flag if fortune enough to be good at sport.

I think he was set up with the “whoever England are playing” comment but that was daft considered he represents Great Britain.

I’m Welsh but would too wear the Union Flag if fortune enough to be good at sport.
I understand his original comment. A lot of England fans would say the same thing about Scotland. Problem was, he's a high profile public figure and, as such, would need to consider carefully what he's saying, as he will get pulled up on it. Wishing him dead, though, is far beyond what would, to me, be acceptable.

I understand his original comment. A lot of England fans would say the same thing about Scotland. Problem was, he's a high profile public figure and, as such, would need to consider carefully what he's saying, as he will get pulled up on it. Wishing him dead, though, is far beyond what would, to me, be acceptable.

I watched England as a pure neutral yesterday. Merseyside is reasonably indifferent to the national team but I just kept quiet.

I’d have been uncomfortable in a pub packed full of England hardcore but it was a pleasant afternoon nevertheless.

I watched England as a pure neutral yesterday. Merseyside is reasonably indifferent to the national team but I just kept quiet.

I’d have been uncomfortable in a pub packed full of England hardcore but it was a pleasant afternoon nevertheless.
Indifferent? I'd say you're being generous there. The whole "scouse, not English" stuff? There'd be a fair section of the Liverpool support that would be happier if it wasn't one of their lot that scored the winning penalty.

Indifferent? I'd say you're being generous there. The whole "scouse, not English" stuff? There'd be a fair section of the Liverpool support that would be happier if it wasn't one of their lot that scored the winning penalty.

The pub was still busy with every seat taken. I’ve been there for a Merseyside derby before and it was noisier.

To be honest the farewell they did the other day was probably the moment he should've bowed out.
Him and his brother, centre court, surely that was THE moment.

Congratulations to Murray where he, Nadal, Djokovic and Federer dominated the game winning 69 slams between them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Murray has won the same amount as Stan Wawrinka, by the way!
Yeah, just about 50 more ranking titles and loads more grand slam finals etc. He was easily the 4th best of that generation. No shame on that when the other 3 are the greatest ever

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.