Win the league City ... for my Mum!

RIP for your Mam. Great to hear she supported your love of the Blues. whenever I think of BlackpoolI'll remember your Mam. Best wishes at this sad time for you and your family

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
My Mum wasn't a City fan. She was a fan of me being a passionate City fan.

She bought me my first City kit when I was 4. She bought me my first scarf. She bought me my first (and only) City mug. She got me my first City calendar ... Signed.

She followed every result so she could congratulate me or console me. Sadly it was the latter more often than the former. In fact, she would say "my son has been a lifelong City fan through thin and thinner".

My Mum was a Blackpool fan. I remember, when i was younger, being freezing cold at numerous Blackpool home games with my Mum, a couple of thick blankets for our laps and two small flasks of hot imitation bovril. On one occasion I remember the new manager, Alan Ball, being unveiled and spending, what seemed like, 10 seconds waving at the crowd after which my Mum astutely said "Is that it?" which also rang true of his impact at the club.

My Mum was not a City fan but she gave birth to one.

Today she sadly passed away. I'm numb with shock and deeply upset. I don't really know why I am posting a thread on here but in some way I guess it means I get to share with the Internet a few reasons why I loved my mum and why she loved me being a City fan. She would have loved seeing me even more as a City fan celebrating winning the league.

I will miss her terribly.

Rest in peace Mum.

Deepest condolences...my late father was a Blackpool fan, and my first two games were at Bloomfield Road.

Im very sorry to hear about your loss. She sounds like a wonderful, caring mother. You brought tears to my eyes with words from the heart. Im sure she was very proud of you, as you were with her. My thoughts are with you and your family. May she rest in peace.

So, so, sorry mate. I lost my mum ten years back and it hurt like I couldn't believe. I know that you won't believe it right now, but it does get easier and you just remember the good times. Just hope the lads can bring it home for your mum. God Bless

Robinho's Subbuteo said:
My Mum wasn't a City fan. She was a fan of me being a passionate City fan.

She bought me my first City kit when I was 4. She bought me my first scarf. She bought me my first (and only) City mug. She got me my first City calendar ... Signed.

She followed every result so she could congratulate me or console me. Sadly it was the latter more often than the former. In fact, she would say "my son has been a lifelong City fan through thin and thinner".

My Mum was a Blackpool fan. I remember, when i was younger, being freezing cold at numerous Blackpool home games with my Mum, a couple of thick blankets for our laps and two small flasks of hot imitation bovril. On one occasion I remember the new manager, Alan Ball, being unveiled and spending, what seemed like, 10 seconds waving at the crowd after which my Mum astutely said "Is that it?" which also rang true of his impact at the club.

So sorry to hear about your Mum, god bless and time can ease your pain, but remember the love.

My Mum was not a City fan but she gave birth to one.

Today she sadly passed away. I'm numb with shock and deeply upset. I don't really know why I am posting a thread on here but in some way I guess it means I get to share with the Internet a few reasons why I loved my mum and why she loved me being a City fan. She would have loved seeing me even more as a City fan celebrating winning the league.

I will miss her terribly.

Rest in peace Mum.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.