Win the title this season and we end United's era

stefranceuk said:
I think if Mancini wanted RVP he would of got him but I think he feels Arsenal have over priced him.

I still feel Mancini has a trick up his sleeve before the transfer window closes.

Media going on we had made no signings (1 now with Rodwell), at that time UNited had only signed Kagawa (who every united fan I know thinks hes the next Scholes) so all in all now, they have bought 1 more player than us.

Hardly ground breaking.

I think we genuinely did want Van Persie, badly at one stage, Mancini was never shy in admitting his admiration for him and we were heavily linked for a long time, its also been confirmed we did enter the bidding for him as recently as mid july, so i dont think anyone can say we didnt want him, i just think he became a lesser priority after it became clear Tevez was staying and had found some hunger to play for us again, once we knew that basically we had to ship off at least 2 probably 3 other strikers to make the room, we havnt been able to do that for various reasons and hence we havnt got the player, i think if you sat down with bobby right now and asked him off the record whether we would like to have Van Persie hed give a resounding yes, hes a world class player and imo he would improve us, i think hed have been an upgrade on Tevez but thats for another thread and a totally different debate.

Its a shame hes joined United and i will admit i did really want him here but its hardly panic stations, we have the best quartet of strikers in europe, maybe not the 4 very best (sergio is definitely one mind) but as a group no one else has greater depth, ill worry more when they sign a version of Yaya Toure.

I think your right.

The title chase is going to be tight, I honestly have never been so excited for a season to start.

The Derbys are going to get bigger and bigger.

Ooooh, I'm excited!

stefranceuk said:
I think your right.

The title chase is going to be tight, I honestly have never been so excited for a season to start.

The Derbys are going to get bigger and bigger.

Ooooh, I'm excited!

Me to mate cant bloody wait! think we might even see record points tallys for positions 1st and second this season, imo us and the rags are so much better than the rest of the league its a good bet, forget Chelsea, really wasnt impressed with them last week we annihilated them for the most part in second gear missing half our best team, its become a bit like la liga and the SPL, 2 standout sides dominating the rest, just glad were one of em!

samharris said:
Tevez and Aguero will be the pair to watch this season.. mark my words.

Agreed, A fit and happy Tevez with something to prove is a far better prospect than RVP, and as far as Rooney V Kun don't make me laugh! We'll have won most of our games by the time Edin/Mario need to come on to save legs, and if either of the Argie boys lose form or injured either a fit and chomping at the bit Edin or Mario will more than do! What strength in depth do the rags have? wellbeck and the pea? LOL Thats just the front 4, not even mentioned Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Barry, Milner, De jong, Johnson and I've probably missed a few, In front of the meanest back 4 in the prem, with an abundance of International youth players coming through! We had a very bad patch when we lost Yaya and Vinny in Jan, we will have learnt from that!

Paul11/12 said:
samharris said:
Tevez and Aguero will be the pair to watch this season.. mark my words.

Agreed, A fit and happy Tevez with something to prove is a far better prospect than RVP, and as far as Rooney V Kun don't make me laugh! We'll have won most of our games by the time Edin/Mario need to come on to save legs, and if either of the Argie boys lose form or injured either a fit and chomping at the bit Edin or Mario will more than do! What strength in depth do the rags have? wellbeck and the pea? LOL Thats just the front 4, not even mentioned Yaya, Silva, Nasri, Barry, Milner, De jong, Johnson and I've probably missed a few, In front of the meanest back 4 in the prem, with an abundance of International youth players coming through! We had a very bad patch when we lost Yaya and Vinny in Jan, we will have learnt from that!

Dont want to take this thread off course but is that just bluster or do you genuinely believe that? Tevez is a very good player but ive never been 100% sold hes up there with the very elite, Aguero i was sold on after minute 1, that guy just oozes class you can see it a mile off hes the best striker in the league no questions asked but i dont think Tevez is in that league, hes never reached anything like the goal tallys Van Persie or Rooney for that matter touched upon last season in a far weaker team to i might add.

Hand on heart here if given the chance right now to swap are you saying you wouldnt? i may be a new member on here but ive read this forum for a long time and can remember seeing many who were dying for us to sign Van Persie, i think he and Aguero would have been the best strike duo in world football and something quite ridiculous, imo Van Persie is not just a better footballer but a better goalscorer than Tevez, has Tevez ever got close to 40 goals in a season?? certainly not since he came to England.

Just my view of course but id swap Tevez for Van Persie in a heartbeat.

IF we get the Tevez we 1st signed, plus the fact hes a bit fitter and the bond him and Sergio seem to have, he will score or set up a good number of goals this season.

Uno's_My name said:
Thats a hell of a lot of assumptions aint it? why would Fungus suddenly fuck off if they lost the league this year?? whats so special about this year?? where have you plucked that one from or are you passing off a random hopeful guess as fact?? theyll have no money to spend to replace players? havnt we heard this argument for the last 10 years?? i was told they had no money this summer which turns out to be utter bollocks yet again, theyll always have money they make too much off the field not to, thankfully we'll always have more so i dont really care ;)

What i will say is its clearly down to us why fungus has gone in so big for such an established player as its been totaly against his and their policy for years, make no mistake had they won the league last season they wouldnt be doing this right now, its a direct reaction to us and thats the biggest compliment you can give Mancini and the players, but United wont be going anywhere anytime soon and this thread is a bit of a joke really, youve basically just put a load of "i wish this would happen" fairytales together and tried to make it sound logical, its not, fungus wont leave on a downer hes to up his own legacy for that, hes more likely to bow out after a title or european success, much more likely, have said it before that bloke will die in that job he'll never retire least of all walk off into the sunset after losing out to us you really think hed go like that?? delusional.

They had no money, the IPO gave them much needed funding. Why do u think the RVP purchase only took place after the IPO. As i pointed out before this to my mind is a clear breach of ffp regs that you can only spend what you earn. But no matter this is the rags we are talking about and investment from the sale of shares as opposed to one shareholder ie the sheikh is apparently different.

We all need to stop hoping Fergie will retire, we're not shit anymore, we can rely on our own team for now on. This is why we're labled 'bitter', fuck united and fergie, lets worry about our own team.

MCFCDroylsdenBlue said:
We all need to stop hoping Fergie will retire, we're not shit anymore, we can rely on our own team for now on. This is why we're labled 'bitter', fuck united and fergie, lets worry about our own team.

The best part about it is they are more worried about us than vise versa, its great aint it!<br /><br />-- Thu Aug 16, 2012 9:13 pm --<br /><br />
stefranceuk said:
IF we get the Tevez we 1st signed, plus the fact hes a bit fitter and the bond him and Sergio seem to have, he will score or set up a good number of goals this season.

I dont think thats in question mate, id be surprised (and very dissapointed) if Tevez didnt score 20-25 goals this season, he and aguero clearly work well, but that still dosnt change for me the fact that Van Persie is the superior footballer and would have been an upgrade for us, i think, in this team Van Persie would get 40 a season regular.

Blue Mooner said:
Uno's_My name said:
Thats a hell of a lot of assumptions aint it? why would Fungus suddenly fuck off if they lost the league this year?? whats so special about this year?? where have you plucked that one from or are you passing off a random hopeful guess as fact?? theyll have no money to spend to replace players? havnt we heard this argument for the last 10 years?? i was told they had no money this summer which turns out to be utter bollocks yet again, theyll always have money they make too much off the field not to, thankfully we'll always have more so i dont really care ;)

What i will say is its clearly down to us why fungus has gone in so big for such an established player as its been totaly against his and their policy for years, make no mistake had they won the league last season they wouldnt be doing this right now, its a direct reaction to us and thats the biggest compliment you can give Mancini and the players, but United wont be going anywhere anytime soon and this thread is a bit of a joke really, youve basically just put a load of "i wish this would happen" fairytales together and tried to make it sound logical, its not, fungus wont leave on a downer hes to up his own legacy for that, hes more likely to bow out after a title or european success, much more likely, have said it before that bloke will die in that job he'll never retire least of all walk off into the sunset after losing out to us you really think hed go like that?? delusional.

They had no money, the IPO gave them much needed funding. Why do u think the RVP purchase only took place after the IPO. As i pointed out before this to my mind is a clear breach of ffp regs that you can only spend what you earn. But no matter this is the rags we are talking about and investment from the sale of shares as opposed to one shareholder ie the sheikh is apparently different.

I wasn't aware they got any money for transfers from that? i thought that was a totally separate issue though granted ive not really followed it im really not interested in a United ipo, that also dosnt explain how they were making 30 million bids for lucas moura a long time before the ipo started?

Didnt they spend money before the ipo to? thats not my point anyway, weve been told they've got no money in every transfer window for the past 5 years, they always seem to find some from somewhere, they spent over 50 million last summer alone although that was fortunately for us largely on shite!

They will always have money, it would be naive and plain stupid to believe otherwise, but like i said earlier we will always have more so i dont care :)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.