Wio as captain ?

I was initially baffled by this but, having thought about it, it's clear that this is just an interim measure to get England through the World Cup and/or until a proper captain comes to the fore. Ferdinand hardly ever plays and the League derby at the swap was proof enough that what pace he ever had is long gone.

England has always been a political animal (taking players from the rags, Liverpool and London clubs, often regardless of form) rather than a meritocracy.

I don't know why Cappello doesn't go the whole hog and appoint Owen Hargreaves as vice-captain; he not played since Victoria was on the throne either...

He will not pick Lesser for the world cup squad and Tezzer will get it back.

BTH said:
I was initially baffled by this but, having thought about it, it's clear that this is just an interim measure to get England through the World Cup and/or until a proper captain comes to the fore. Ferdinand hardly ever plays and the League derby at the swap was proof enough that what pace he ever had is long gone.

England has always been a political animal (taking players from the rags, Liverpool and London clubs, often regardless of form) rather than a meritocracy.

I don't know why Cappello doesn't go the whole hog and appoint Owen Hargreaves as vice-captain; he not played since Victoria was on the throne either...

Interim!!! 2 friendlies then into the world cup!!
Wio captain, sorry it's over before it has started for us.
Shrek, Lampard, Gerrard but..............Wio! Christ

mancitygaz said:
BTH said:

Interim!!! 2 friendlies then into the world cup!!
Wio captain, sorry it's over before it has started for us.
Shrek, Lampard, Gerrard but..............Wio! Christ

Interim includes the WC.

mancitygaz said:
It's a fu*king joke,

His wife has left him and most people think he's a cu*t but so what!
He gets paid for doing a job and he's the best leader England have ON THE PITCH.

Sorry if all our English internationals are upset but your feelings off the pitch don't matter.

Now wio is captain. Fucking great (not)

Talk about shooting yourself in the foot
Team spirit is a big part of football especially tournament football. You need the respect of your team mates. Do you think Terry still has that?

Marvin said:
mancitygaz said:
It's a fu*king joke,

He gets paid for doing a job and he's the best leader England have ON THE PITCH.

Sorry if all our English internationals are upset but your feelings off the pitch don't matter.

Team spirit is a big part of football especially tournament football. You need the respect of your team mates. Do you think Terry still has that?

Off the pitch no.

On the pitch yes, and thats what counts

mancitygaz said:
It's a fu*king joke,

Sorry mate, but I disagree here.

The captain is the leader of the dressing room. Obviously Bridgy and JT both had friends in there, and it made JT's position impossible to carry on. Splitting the dressing room is shit for morale. In the modern game, 90% of the captain's responsibilities are off the field.

Damocles said:
mancitygaz said:
It's a fu*king joke,

Sorry mate, but I disagree here.

The captain is the leader of the dressing room. Obviously Bridgy and JT both had friends in there, and it made JT's position impossible to carry on. Splitting the dressing room is shit for morale. In the modern game, 90% of the captain's responsibilities are off the field.

Ok so lets just drop him from the squad altogether, the split would still be there and we lose the best CH we have,
Imo he's too instrumental to Englands chances in the summer and all this bollox has gone way to far.
All this will be forgotten if and when he has a good WC.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.