With guardialo joining Munich,Now Mancini should be backed

1. Sacking Mancini after a trophyless season is wrong.

2. Replacing him with Guardiola (who managed only Barcelona in his career) is also wrong.

Remember Rijkaard, he won CL with Barcelona but he was not successful elsewhere.

3. You can never trust the special one.

inchy14 said:
city91 said:
SWP's back said:
A very not stupid like comment. If we were to sack him the first time he didn't in a pot in a full season, it would be very Chelsea like.

Notice Pep sidestepped Chelsea for the reason of its managerial merry go round

Yeah but surely you can that if the club were to sack him it would be for a number of reasons not just for not winning things.

The club would look at why we didn't win anything.
The club would look at where it went wrong.
The club would look at what can be done to improve.
And it would look at what other managers are available.

Personally I don't think it would be the lack of trophies that will cost Bobby his job. The main reason IMO is the fact that Bobby doesn't,t seem to learn from his mistakes.

We haven't improved in the slightest in Europe in fact we have gone backwards. We keep messing up against the same teams year after year. Everton, Stoke and Sunderland.

Scum struggle at times away at Fulham and Everton, you think they should have got rid of Fergie? Draws at Stoke on the last couple of visits have been due to poor refereeing, not sure what Mancini could have done about them.
On top of this there is the availability of Mourinho.

All I am saying is that our owners have a habit of sticking with managers but yet people come out as if we are the new Chelsea.

When Mansour took over Hughes was already in charge and the club backed Hughes with 100s of millions. Even when Hughes finished lower than Sven despite spending mega money the club still took with him.

Then when we brought Bobby in (which was justifyed IMO) the target was Champions league. We didn't reach that target and the club stuck with Bobby and invested in him heavily.

Christ, he was only here 6 months and nearly managed it.

So I don't buy any of the claims that we are remotely like Chelsea in the slightest regardless of whether we keep Bobby or not.

Yes he was only here 6 months but that doesn't affect what his targets were. The club still stuck by Bobby.

I couldn't care less about Fergie and the rags, I'm bothered about what we do and we keep making the same mistakes.

I've already said that I think Bobby should be given at least another season and fully backed in the transfer window.

But what is it with our fans, anything negative about Mancini and people are quick to defend him not matter what regardless of the truth.

IMO there is only one person at City who we truly owe and that is Sheikh Mansour without him we would never have won the league. Or be the club we are now.

city91 said:
SWP's back said:
city91 said:
People saying don't sack Mancini because we will become like Chelsea, what sort of a stupid comment is that.

Bobby has been here 3 years and if we were to get rid of him it would hardly be a typical Abrhamovic would it. We didn't poach Bobby from another club and we have given him time to build the squad.

I am also quite sure that if the club did get rid of Bobby it would not be knee jerk in the slightest. And there would be in the boards opinion a better manager to replace him with.

Now Guardiola has gone to Bayern I think Bobby should be given another season at least with us. We should back him in the summer but also make it clear that if he fails to get out of the group stage for a third consecutive year then his job will be on the line.
A very not stupid like comment. If we were to sack him the first time he didn't in a pot in a full season, it would be very Chelsea like.

Yeah but surely you can that if the club were to sack him it would be for a number of reasons not just for not winning things.

Personally I don't think it would be the lack of trophies that will cost Bobby his job. The main reason IMO is the fact that Bobby doesn't,t seem to learn from his mistakes.

We haven't improved in the slightest in Europe in fact we have gone backwards. We keep messing up against the same teams year after year. Everton, Stoke and Sunderland.

All I am saying is that our owners have a habit of sticking with managers but yet people come out as if we are the new Chelsea.

When Mansour took over Hughes was already in charge and the club backed Hughes with 100s of millions. Even when Hughes finished lower than Sven despite spending mega money the club still took with him.

Then when we brought Bobby in (which was justifyed IMO) the target was Champions league. We didn't reach that target and the club stuck with Bobby and invested in him heavily.

So I don't buy any of the claims that we are remotely like Chelsea in the slightest regardless of whether we keep Bobby or not.
top post

-- Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:56 pm --

inchy14 said:
city91 said:
SWP's back said:

Scum struggle at times away at Fulham and Everton, you think they should have got rid of Fergie? Draws at Stoke on the last couple of visits have been due to poor refereeing, not sure what Mancini could have done about them.

Christ, he was only here 6 months and nearly managed it.

United beat Fulham 5-0 last season away from home, Mancini still hasn't beaten either of Sunderland, Stoke or Everton away from home in three and a half years. That and Europe are Mancinis biggest problems if he does stay in the job those are the two areas he desperately needs to improve on imo.

acton28 said:
Always been behind MANCINI, always will be. It'll all come in time & support.

Why is there all this talk about sacking Scarf Ace?
absolute bonkers.!
What has he done wrong?. Oh yes he hasn't won at Everton,Sunderland.....!!!
You can't even talk about sacking him yet.

city91 said:
But what is it with our fans, anything negative about Mancini and people are quick to defend him not matter what regardless of the truth.
What "truth" can you point to?

You have a point of view, others (the majority) disagree. No one is slagging each other off or calling anyone names.

Stoke have had a wonderful home record for 4 or 5 seasons and we were unlucky not to win in both of the last two games. Every team "makes mistakes" as you put it. But we have lost twice this season in the league (and didn't deserve to lose either). We are doing far more right than wrong.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.