With guardialo joining Munich,Now Mancini should be backed

Didsbury Dave said:
Can't stand the term "class" when it comes to football clubs.

Neither can I. It's crept in as a description over the last 10 years or so from fans of 2 clubs in particular, Liverpool and United, and has been picked up by the media.

It has also been expanded to describe and generalise sets of fans, with fans attempting to get one over on each other about who has the least amount of "class" when in reality there are bellends who follow all clubs.

It's just that United seem to have more bellends than other clubs ;-)

88ster said:
Didsbury Dave said:
Can't stand the term "class" when it comes to football clubs.

Neither can I. It's crept in as a description over the last 10 years or so from fans of 2 clubs in particular, Liverpool and United, and has been picked up by the media.

It has also been expanded to describe and generalise sets of fans, with fans attempting to get one over on each other about who has the least amount of "class" when in reality there are bellends who follow all clubs.

It's just that United seem to have more bellends than other clubs ;-)
It was applied to the owners as stated and is relevant.

I honestly think our team in its current form is good enough to win the title again.

Who could we possibly buy that is available to take us to another level?

Falcao - that's it.

SWP's back said:
city91 said:
People saying don't sack Mancini because we will become like Chelsea, what sort of a stupid comment is that.

Bobby has been here 3 years and if we were to get rid of him it would hardly be a typical Abrhamovic would it. We didn't poach Bobby from another club and we have given him time to build the squad.

I am also quite sure that if the club did get rid of Bobby it would not be knee jerk in the slightest. And there would be in the boards opinion a better manager to replace him with.

Now Guardiola has gone to Bayern I think Bobby should be given another season at least with us. We should back him in the summer but also make it clear that if he fails to get out of the group stage for a third consecutive year then his job will be on the line.
A very not stupid like comment. If we were to sack him the first time he didn't in a pot in a full season, it would be very Chelsea like.

Notice Pep sidestepped Chelsea for the reason of its managerial merry go round

Yeah but surely you can that if the club were to sack him it would be for a number of reasons not just for not winning things.

The club would look at why we didn't win anything.
The club would look at where it went wrong.
The club would look at what can be done to improve.
And it would look at what other managers are available.

Personally I don't think it would be the lack of trophies that will cost Bobby his job. The main reason IMO is the fact that Bobby doesn't,t seem to learn from his mistakes.

We haven't improved in the slightest in Europe in fact we have gone backwards. We keep messing up against the same teams year after year. Everton, Stoke and Sunderland.

On top of this there is the availability of Mourinho.

All I am saying is that our owners have a habit of sticking with managers but yet people come out as if we are the new Chelsea.

When Mansour took over Hughes was already in charge and the club backed Hughes with 100s of millions. Even when Hughes finished lower than Sven despite spending mega money the club still took with him.

Then when we brought Bobby in (which was justifyed IMO) the target was Champions league. We didn't reach that target and the club stuck with Bobby and invested in him heavily.

So I don't buy any of the claims that we are remotely like Chelsea in the slightest regardless of whether we keep Bobby or not.

Aphex said:
I honestly think our team in its current form is good enough to win the title again.

Falcao - that's it.
Bale

Caveman said:
BoyBlue_1985 said:
Do people think Mancini will be here if we win nothing this year. Long way to go so im not saying we wont win anything but it would be ignorant to think that his head wont be on the chopping board if he wins nothing
I do believe that Mancini will be here if we win nowt. There will be numerous seasons over the coming decades where we win nowt (everyone needs to get fucking used to it) and we shouldn't be sacking the manager each time it happens because its a very childish and poor way of running business.

Fuck me most of us should be used to it by now, only the JCL are expecting to win stuff every year!!!

bluemc1 said:
Aphex said:

Falcao - that's it.
Bale

Someone that dives so much he actually gets bans from accumulating yellow cards?

No thanks.

We'll have to agree to disagree Cityboy.

I also think its harsh to suggest we mess up against Stoke.

city91 said:
SWP's back said:
city91 said:
People saying don't sack Mancini because we will become like Chelsea, what sort of a stupid comment is that.

Bobby has been here 3 years and if we were to get rid of him it would hardly be a typical Abrhamovic would it. We didn't poach Bobby from another club and we have given him time to build the squad.

I am also quite sure that if the club did get rid of Bobby it would not be knee jerk in the slightest. And there would be in the boards opinion a better manager to replace him with.

Now Guardiola has gone to Bayern I think Bobby should be given another season at least with us. We should back him in the summer but also make it clear that if he fails to get out of the group stage for a third consecutive year then his job will be on the line.
A very not stupid like comment. If we were to sack him the first time he didn't in a pot in a full season, it would be very Chelsea like.

Notice Pep sidestepped Chelsea for the reason of its managerial merry go round

Yeah but surely you can that if the club were to sack him it would be for a number of reasons not just for not winning things.

The club would look at why we didn't win anything.
The club would look at where it went wrong.
The club would look at what can be done to improve.
And it would look at what other managers are available.

Personally I don't think it would be the lack of trophies that will cost Bobby his job. The main reason IMO is the fact that Bobby doesn't,t seem to learn from his mistakes.

We haven't improved in the slightest in Europe in fact we have gone backwards. We keep messing up against the same teams year after year. Everton, Stoke and Sunderland.

Scum struggle at times away at Fulham and Everton, you think they should have got rid of Fergie? Draws at Stoke on the last couple of visits have been due to poor refereeing, not sure what Mancini could have done about them.
On top of this there is the availability of Mourinho.

All I am saying is that our owners have a habit of sticking with managers but yet people come out as if we are the new Chelsea.

When Mansour took over Hughes was already in charge and the club backed Hughes with 100s of millions. Even when Hughes finished lower than Sven despite spending mega money the club still took with him.

Then when we brought Bobby in (which was justifyed IMO) the target was Champions league. We didn't reach that target and the club stuck with Bobby and invested in him heavily.

Christ, he was only here 6 months and nearly managed it.

So I don't buy any of the claims that we are remotely like Chelsea in the slightest regardless of whether we keep Bobby or not.

i think the majority want bobby to stay even if we win owt, but all comes down to what mansour thinks and wants. as been said, we are used to winning owt, but at least we are up there, where as before we won owt but wasnt up there, well more down there.
doesnt matter what we think, if mansour whats silverware and the team doesnt deliver, then there might be a price to pay.
as i said before, its too early, wait till end of season and then see

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.