Without David

He could easily play a role until he's 36 or 37 if he wants to given his style of play. Maybe not starting every week, but players like Zidane, Scholes and Zola were all doing well in their mid-30s. Players who rely on technique, intelligence and vision tend to have a longer career. But yeah, ultimately, his replacement is already with us, and it's some combination of Bernardo, Foden and De Bruyne. I'm more worried about replacing Fernandinho tbh. I don't want us to get to the stage where he's retiring and we have to bring someone in quickly. That's how you end up panic-buying someone who doesn't really fit.

Best player I've ever seen at City. Just pure magic and he's even managed to improve under Pep (when I thought he was petering out).

In terms of replacement, Bernardo and Foden are his long term replacements, rotating with Kev between the 8s. Amazing how we are doing without Kev!

Hopefully David will do some coaching with City at some point but that man deserves a few beautiful years of relaxation with Mateo and his family. And then he can come back!

if you look at the 44 passes in the build up to the goal you can see the absolute footballing genius of david silva.

He gets on the ball numerous times in the build up. Look closely how he is dictating the tempo. Slowing it down or speeding it up. He is magical, mesmerizing to watch.

Whenever you hear old timers lamenting "nobody puts their foot on the ball on any more". What they mean is nobody is like David Silva.

Watch when he slows down in the build up. United slow down. He is a unique footballer. The best I've ever seen live.

if you look at the 44 passes in the build up to the goal you can see the absolute footballing genius of david silva.

He gets on the ball numerous times in the build up. Look closely how he is dictating the tempo. Slowing it down or speeding it up. He is magical, mesmerizing to watch.

Whenever you hear old timers lamenting "nobody puts their foot on the ball on any more". What they mean is nobody is like David Silva.

Watch when he slows down in the build up. United slow down. He is a unique footballer. The best I've ever seen live.
As an old timer I can honestly say he's the best I've seen. A privilege to watch.

He is a huge talent one of the all time greats and will be gutted when he leaves. Think when his contract expires he will return to Spain maybe play a year for his local side and then retire and coach there he seems a very family oriented kind of person so see him returning to his homeland. Would love him to bring through the next generation of silvas here but can't see him hanging around think only kompany and maybe fernandinho of the old guard will stay in a non playing role.

just as we where saying well we have got bernardo when dave goes, we have all now got used to being totally spoiled by two "silvas". Im loving watching these two magicians on the pitch, can we not have them both for ever and ever ? You can never get tired of watching one of your own players with the ball seemingly glued to their feet.

Foden is the apprentice but it is impossible to totally replace the masterclass dave.

In training, tie an elasticated rope around Foden and Silva. Phil would have to go everywhere David does.He would learn how to find the pockets of space,only Silva can.

And I'm only half joking.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.