Wolves (A) | PL | Post-Match Thread

Haha, our goal has exposed how many pundits (most of them former pros) have absolutely no idea what the rules of the game are.
Indeed.

Can’t be offside from a corner so Bernardo can stand where he wants at that point. He can only be actively offside when Stones heads the ball and by that point he’s kneeling down to the side.

Weirdly enough, with hindsight, Atwell actually intervened on our behalf, let that sink in.
I hadn’t seen the linesman flag, so without VAR the goal is disallowed. VAR advised that Silva wasn’t interfering and told the ref to take a look. This is opposite to the way it was portrayed on TV. I have slagged referees and VAR off many times BUT I hold my hand up, the on field ref and VAR got it right.

John Stones Man City GIF - John Stones Man City John Stones Dancing -  Discover & Share GIFs

VAR didn't intervene to give the goal. It merely invited the on-field referee to decide as his vision at the time was blocked by several players. Well done, Chris Kavanagh.
I'm pretty sure the assistant flagged and the ref overturned it via VAR. There would have been no reason why the Wolves fans would have cheered like they did. Someone there can confirm.

Had Wolves continued to capitalise on our lack of pace in the centre after they scored and exploited our high narrow back line they would probably have got a 2nd goal. Its not our fault they didn't and got sucker punched in the 94th minute.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.