Wolves (A) Post-Match Thread

Great first half. Poor second.
Liked the Square defensive formation.
But some problems remained.
- Mendy. Useless. Always on the wrong side of his opponent
- Wingers and KDB need to track back and get to the edge of the penalty are when an opposition wide player gets to the byline and pick up players arriving in the penalty area.
- if you play a more defensive formation, then we need to knock the ball down the channels more and NOT always pass it out to the flanks.

Asside from the penalty that a blind man could have given Marriner gave us nothing. Jesus and Foden got a right battering over 90 mins.
Not sure I agree with your “wingers and KDB” criticism. Does any team work harder than ours when not in possession.

Marriner is always guilty of letting us get kicked to fuck, them books our players the minute they react. We really do have some corrupt awful officials in this country.
Mariner let Jesus and Sterling get kicked around for fun tonight and we still got 3 bookings to their none. The one Mendy got was a piss take. But I'd stop short at corrupt. Probably go with incompetent

Mariner let Jesus and Sterling get kicked around for fun tonight and we still got 3 bookings to their none. The one Mendy got was a piss take. But I'd stop short at corrupt. Probably go with incompetent

It's a way of hindering us without being obvious. They let other teams spoil our game, wind up our players when we know if they clamped down on it then they'd stop. It reduces our effectiveness, levels up the field. Exasperated the ref isn't doing anything we bite back and get booked. Their main threat was Traore and with Mendy on a yellow he had a field day the second half. It's subtle but it has happened to us so often we know it's deliberate.

I wonder how many goals Foden is going to score this season? Double figures?

Wasn't looking forward to this game one bit after the 2 last season and Wolves having a played a couple of games more than us and looked to have strengthened further. I thought we played excellently, particular mentions for Walker who was outstanding again, Stones who didn't look out of place, Ake played like he's been with us for years and Jesus who put himself about and made a nuisance of himself and a goal to boot. I can see why Mendy is getting a pasting but there was very little threat from Traore till Mendy got a yellow and Wolves targeted that side. Rodri/Fern and Sterling did little to assist him till rodri and fern switched sides for a little while and it stemmed the tide of attacks down the left. Great result, good performance. 1 down 37 more to go.

I wonder how many goals Foden is going to score this season? Double figures?
If he plays enough and we continue to score at the rate we have done these past 3 seasons then I think his goals and assists numbers will probably match Sané's outputs. So 10-15 in both categories in the league. Although I think he'll score more than he'll assist.

Not sure I agree with your “wingers and KDB” criticism. Does any team work harder than ours when not in possession.
Well there was a total lack of City players on the edge of our own penalty area when the ball was pulled back that they had two glorious chances to score from.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.