Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

Ok, fair enough mate, I was there myself for that one but was too busy celebrating myself to notice. I see he scored the first one in the 19th min then another in the 93rd. I won’t go back & dig out MoTD, but if he didn’t celebrate that first one on 19th mins, agree that is poor. In that case, maybe he knows he’s offski this summer … (?)
No problem. Maybe he does and there is a bit of a sulk going on? I’m a bit careful with goal celebrations nowadays due to VAR HaHa

I think Zinch did alright last night, in any other team when faced with a winger that outpaces you, the manager would drag a midfielder back to help you out, obviously the aim was to go forward last night so that was not an option, so he did the best he could with the situation, given he is a midfielder playing left back.
Well said. I find the view that he was poor last night to be bizarre, he defended well all game against a tricky winger and played a vital part in the first 2 goals. Love Zinchenko.

He never stops trying and his pace and movement causes teams problems. Sure he misses some sitters which is frustrating but for a winger his goal return is pretty good. He divides opinion because one week he looks world class then the next like a rabbit in the headlights. Whatever happens he's been great value for us.
Totally agree mate and wasn’t having a go at him, but just sharing an observation which appears odd to me.

Zinchenko's won header for KDB goal was pure class. He seems to be getting better because he is being given a chance.
Agree - it was textbook. Didint just win the ball but got it to Silva (I think) and a couple of touches later and Kev scores. Its little things like that that are the difference with elite players. A shit defender doesnt win that, they might not be positioned right or you could mess up the header, a good defender wins it, an elite player wins it and starts a counter at the same time. Not saying he's at that level all the time but that bit of play last night could not have been better.

Did we see the last spell of Cityitis 8 days ago in Madrid?
Last night was such a convincing display that it's hard to believe that City won't go on to get maximum points at West Ham and then against Villa in our final match of the season. But, as City fans, we'll never take anything for granted, so we'll still bite our nails as our magicians weave their magical spells around and through 2 more lots of defences, scoring beautiful goals - hopefully - as in the last 2 games.
Was the standard of football last night on a new level? Arguably, imho. Wolves caused us a few problems, but our wobbling defence coped well on the whole - and credit to Wolves for keeping going when they were being schooled in the footballing arts. It could well have been 10-1 had we been totally clinical, but, we have to be grateful that we have been privileged to watch such fabulous football, and to be alive during these present trials and tribulations.
The greatest prize remains the Premier League, though we would all have liked more. The team is excelling again after the Madrid disappointment. That experience would have crushed many, but, not THIS City team.
Who needs a defence when you've got Kevin De Bruyne in this form? When you've got the skills and running of all the others around him, buzzing so much that defenders don't know who to follow; creating gaps KDB can exploit with surgical precision even with his wrong foot. What a masterclass we witnessed from the Belgian genius - and in an away match too, which many thought he should have been rested from.
We're almost there guys. Liverpool were lauded as the Champions elect for the last 2 months. They had the momentum; the greatest attacking line up in their 'istry; the best recruitment, now being rewarded (Thanks in no small part to City's computer system); the best managerial motivator; the best defender ever; best attackers ever; best full backs - ever. Except, they're 3 points behind us in 2nd place. It's been as if we're not really here! They've scored less goals than us; conceded more than us. Perhaps the media might say we're the better team after all, one day. We're dancing to the finish line, while Liverpool are limping towards it, clutching their inhalers as they chase the next batch of hoofballs into the box.
What a decade! What a time to be a City fan. What a time, after seeing KDB's masterclass leading Pep's creation - a team of committed artisans - to be able to say .......
"Welcome to the fold, Erling!"

Last edited:
To be honest it’s not about his play off the ball that frustrates but his inability to put away simple chances. He should have had a hat trick last night but just isn’t ruthless enough and on another night we’d draw a game like that because of those misses. He really has to improve the mental aspect of finishing
think thats the frustration the misses are when game still in the balance,

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.