Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

Wolves had only conceded four goals in six games up until this game, the best defensive record in the league. They can keep possession and were at home. To win 3-0 is a brilliant result. It only seems slightly disappointing because we made it look so easy, in large part due to going a goal up so early, and Haaland adding a goal out of nowhere.

Good win. Happy Super Jack got a goal before I'd even settled & The Viking scored a brilliant goal which he had to make himself.

We were comfortable & everything was burbling along nicely, when their defender had a fuckin brain fart with a totally shit & dangerous challenge! The sending off was inevitable & deserved for dangerous play.

At this point the game was over. We went into game management mode & there was still 10 minutes of the first half left.

Credit to Wolves who came out for the 2nd half & went for it. They had nothing to lose & everything to gain & their 10 men dominated the 1st 15 minutes. The game was crying out for changes from us, but I've no idea why Guardiola left it so late to pep up the team? \0/

It was a brilliant move & finish for Foden's goal & that was the match over. The substitutions were made & I thought Alvarez, Gomez, Cole, Gundog & Philips all deserved a run out. However why Philips wasn't used instead of Mahrez & Stones rested is beyond me.

Now we've got a 2 week break which is shit & breaks up everyone's momentum in this weirdest of weird seasons. Can't complain though, as we're top with Arsenal now having to step up.

Fuckin hate international football! Back to watching #TheFuckinQueue! :-/

Edit: I started watching as Grealish scored & assumed Philips was on the bench. My bad... )(

Last edited:
Unusually sloppy in possession and strangely lacked composure, but we won 3 nil against a dogged and tireless Wolves' side. It's plain to see we're not in our rhythm yet, but when the cogs finally start moving with a bit of grease, we'll be unstoppable.

Good win. Happy Super Jack got a goal before I'd even settled & The Viking scored a brilliant goal which he had to make himself.

We were comfortable & everything was burbling along nicely, when their defender had a fuckin brain fart with a totally shit & dangerous challenge! The sending off was inevitable & deserved for dangerous play.

At this point the game was over. We went into game management mode & there was still 10 minutes of the first half left.

Credit to Wolves who came out for the 2nd half & went for it. They had nothing to lose & everything to gain & their 10 men dominated the 1st 15 minutes. The game was crying out for changes from us, but I've no idea why Guardiola left it so late to pep up the team? \0/

It was a brilliant move & finish for Foden's goal & that was the match over. The substitutions were made & I thought Alvarez, Gomez, Cole, Gundog & Philips all deserved a run out. However why Philips wasn't used instead of Mahrez & Stones rested is beyond me.

Now we've got a 2 week break which is shit & breaks up everyone's momentum in this weirdest of weird seasons. Can't complain though, as we're top with Arsenal now having to step up.

Fuckin hate international football! Back to watching #TheFuckinQueue! :-/
Phillips was out injured mate, again

To win 0-3, away at Wolves, when playing well below our usual standard is simply a great result. Rodri, Akanji and Jack were all excellent. Dias improved in the second half, but we should be thankful that we were not playing a team with a rampant centre forward as they didn't seem to know what to do once they got close to goal. Well done to Grealish who was my MOM.

Pep's elite coaching skills on full display today. He starts Grealish today hoping the media bashing he took all week would propel him forward. He was berating the team round the 66 minute market after a lackluster start to the second half.

They proceed to score a beauty of a third goal right after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.