Wolves (A) | Post Match Thread

Ederson, 7 - Made a good stop early on to keep things level and kept us composed with his ball play

Stones, 5 - Another difficult game at full-back and no wonder goal to improve his overall display
Akanji, 8 - solid throughout and played some great balls into midfield
Dias, 6 - a bit sloppy at times but otherwise a decent performance
Cancelo, 7 - was a good outlet on the left side and supported Grealish well

Rodri, 7 - got booked early so couldn't be his usual self but still played well enough
De Bruyne, 7 - sloppy through most of the game but provided two accurate crosses when it mattered
Bernardo, 8 - nice and busy, looking more like his normal self as the season goes on

Foden, 8 - took his goal brilliantly and was heavily involved in all the good we did
Haaland, 8 - took his goal really well and was surprisingly involved during build-up play too
Grealish, 9 - scored early on and worked his arse off for the rest of the game, then got one of theirs sent off

Thought it was a controlled performance and the early tempo won game even before the red card. Cancelo I thought had a great game.

People do seem to view things differently. The guy on row in front you would think we were relegation fodder and losing 3 nil shouting - Make changes Pep, Kev your lazy, take De Bruyne off he’s useless and we’re being outplayed!! You can’t please some people even when winning.

3 points was never in doubt, that was the sole aim, we were overwhelmingly successful in achieving that and I recognise the way the first 30 minutes panned out allowed us to stroll through the game but have to say we were shit for 60 minutes of that game. looked as though they had an extra man at times in the second half not us. I'm sure we could have stepped up if needed though. Easy day at the office, take the 3 points and hope for minimal injuries during the internationals.

Great three points but pretty laboured performance. I just don't think we were particularly arsed in that 2nd half, hopefully conserving lots of energy for much tougher fixtures to come
Maybe, but it gets bloody frustrating for those who back us to score more than three ('other' away win on betfair) ggrrr... the EH miracle continues to look a little less unlikely though, just 29 to go..!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.