Ederson
Walker Garcia Ferna Cancelo
De Bruyne Rodri Gundogan
Mahrez Jesus Sterling

Sterling - Agüero - Mahrez
Bernardo - Fernandinho - KDB
Aké - Laporte - Koulibaly - Walker
Ederson​

Wonder how Wolves will set up for this game and what tactics they may employ? Em, em, em, let me see, em, em, maybe the odd long-ball to Traore would be worth a try?
Think he’s gonna end up playing wing back in their first game, may change if they sign someone

I honestly wonder what is going through people's mind putting Fernandinho in midfield?

He is past completely past it!

Wonder how Wolves will set up for this game and what tactics they may employ? Em, em, em, let me see, em, em, maybe the odd long-ball to Traore would be worth a try?
whatever it will be, it will not be ignoring advantageous attacking opportunities by passing sideways and back, and will score 1 or 2 on their 4 to 6 chances.

I honestly wonder what is going through people's mind putting Fernandinho in midfield?

He is past completely past it!
After watching Nigel De Jong, Gareth Barry and Ferna do the same job for a decade. Our problems started when we lost the midfield enforcer sweeping up in front. How many great centre halfs in that time?

Fernandinho back to centre mid please. I don't care how old he is or how rusty he looked in his 1 game there (after not playing for so long), last season was a disaster in central midfield.
I’m not sure what Fernandinho needs to do for people to stop demanding he play midfield. It can’t be more obvious that he doesn’t have the legs to do that for much more than one-offs here and there.

Ederson
Walker
Koulibaly
Laporte
Ake
Rodri
De Bruyne
Bernardo Silva
Torres
Sterling
Jesus

I’m not sure what Fernandinho needs to do for people to stop demanding he play midfield. It can’t be more obvious that he doesn’t have the legs to do that for much more than one-offs here and there.
If he is no longer fit enough for CDM then he is not fit to wear the shirt. He played CD v Newcastle away in 18/19 if I remember rightly and messed up then.

I still think he can play that position. It doesn’t involve getting up and down.

Fernandinho does not have the legs to play CDM. As lone defensive midfielder in our open style you have to cover lot of ground and he simply is not up to it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.