Wolves (A) - Sun 20th Oct, 14:00 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wolves have been better than their results this season so bearing that and last season in mind it will be a tough one tomorrow. There is also the danger of the match turning on its head due to a moment or a mistake giving the crowd ammunition.

We definitely haven’t hit our stride yet but we desperately need to work out our midfield balance. The Kovacic Gundogan Foden trio in midfield lacks physicality. Grealish and Bernardo on the wings gives control without cutting edge. Personally think we need to play 2 of Grealish, Doku, Bernardo and Savio but never Grealish and Bernardo unless it’s a top tier champions league match. For the moment I think Bernardo has to play every big game but always in midfield. He’s not the biggest but he has the big engine and few players play through the press like Bernardo.

If we get our midfield right we should be ok but it will be a tough afternoon.

Last edited:
This is definitely one we must not repeat from last season. Think Wolves had one shot on goal and beat us 2-1?

Anyways, three points to fully enjoy the Arsenal result and to sit back and relax watching Liverpool and Chelsea.
Even without Rodri, KdB and Ake we have enough to beat Wolves.

Wolves have been better than their results this season so bearing that and last season in mind it will be a tough one tomorrow. There is also the danger of the match turning on its head due to a moment or a mistake shaving the crowd ammunition.

We definitely haven’t hit our stride yet but we desperately need to work out our midfield balance. The Kovacic Gundogan Foden trio in midfield lacks physicality. Grealish and Bernardo on the wings gives control without cutting edge. Personally think we need to play 2 of Grealish, Doku, Bernardo and Savio who de but never Grealish and Bernardo unless it’s a top tier champions league match. For the moment I think Bernardo has to play every big game but always in midfield. He’s not the biggest but he has the big engine and few players play through the press like Bernardo.

If we get our midfield right we should be give but it will be a tough afternoon.
Very tough game and Sutton's prediction on the BBC website is very puerile and pathetic 6-1, silly twat. This is a ground that we have very mixed results at and I wouldn't be at all surprised if we dropped points today, as you say they've been playing better than results suggest. Yep, don't want to see Grealish and Bernardo playing as the wide men, makes us too slow and easy to play against. Come on City!

The team according to the programme was ; Corrigan, Ranson,Donachie, Bennett, Caton, Stepanovic, Henry, Daley (c), Robinson, Reid and Deyna.
Sunday is my pedantic day. Check Blue Moon History section and Palmer played instead of Robinson and Tommy Booth instead of Reid.
You have though reminded me of the nightmare that was Steppy. Had forgotten about him.

Tough game ahead. Arsenal result been great. Would be even better to take advantage hear.

My solution for Rodri would be a kind of hybrid solution between Stones/Kovacic in the midfield. Its just Stones that I can see to match a required physicality in the absence of Rodri. And prime Strones is able to give us that. Come on John, make us pride this season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.