Wolves (A) - Wed 11th May, 20:15 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Been dreading this one ever since it popped up in the fixture list and dreading it even more without Walker, Stones, and Laporte. We really struggled against them in the home game and we got lucky with the penalty that won it. Wolves seem like they're on the beach a bit - 3 wins in their last 11 games, 7 defeats - but you'd have thought Villa were on the beach before they gave it a go last night. Anything could happen, especially with a makeshift back four.

The one thing that's calming me down is their home record against the current top six this season:

City - N/A
Liverpool - L 0-1
Chelsea - D 0-0
Arsenal - L 0-1
Tottenham - L 0-1
United - L 0-1
They only just got beat though

I didn’t get why Gerrard took off his DM Marvellous (whatever his surname) who was having a good game, and replace him with an inexperienced 18 year old on 60 mins, for me that weakened Villa in the middle of the park and dippers scored 5 mins later.
He should have taken off Douglas Luiz, he was horrendous all night, constantly gave the ball away and it led to Mane’s goal the twat

Coady will have his usual Worldy against us tonight but I still think we'll have enough.

They've got Neves and Podence according to their own website, so I'm not sure they're going to have too much of a threat. Expect the usual backs to the wall defending, underhand tactics and forceful tackling. It all just depends how much the referee decides (is told) to let the game 'flow'.

Nathan in training today according to CityXtra on Twitter!
Presumably they’re only doing light training. Might just be getting him ready for Sunday?

Although even if he’s only 80% fit Pep would probably have in the bench tonight in case of an emergency eg Laporte picks up a red card

On match day I can find bad news in any optimistic story

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.