Wolves (A) - Wed 11th May, 20:15 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Half injured. Fern will start. Keep Ake for the next 2 games.
Pep talked about Rodri potentially playing centre back. I ****ing well hope not because that would likely mean Gundo playing holding mid, which as we have seen previously is a disaster waiting to happen.

If Ake is not fit, we should play Fern at centre back IMO. His pace may be gone but his brain hasn't and he can still put it about.

I wonder if Pep will play Rodri, Fernandinho and Gundogan.

Ederson
Cancelo, Fernandinho, Laporte, Zinchenko
Rodri, Gundogan
De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden
Jesus

Something like that.

Depends on whether Liverpool bang a load in against Saints though which is entirely possible. I think we need at least 4 points from these next 2 games to try and reduce the chances of it going down to GD on the final day. Ideally we get 6 points from these 2 games though!
And I would not rule out a Bristol Rovers style cricket score for Liverpool on May 22nd if they needed one.

I wonder if Pep will play Rodri, Fernandinho and Gundogan.

Ederson
Cancelo, Fernandinho, Laporte, Zinchenko
Rodri, Gundogan
De Bruyne, Bernardo, Foden
Jesus

Something like that.
Would prefer Bernardo alongside Rodri to be honest. KDB in front of those 2 with 3 of Mahrez, Jesus, Foden, Sterling and Grealish up top. Keeping the ball and keeping Wolves penned in is the best way of protecting the defence.

And I would not rule out a Bristol Rovers style cricket score for Liverpool on May 22nd if they needed one.
Watching Villa last night - we are certainly capable of doing the same on the last day.

Tyrone Mings was nothing short of a disgrace

Pep talked about Rodri potentially playing centre back. I ****ing well hope not because that would likely mean Gundo playing holding mid, which as we have seen previously is a disaster waiting to happen.

If Ake is not fit, we should play Fern at centre back IMO. His pace may be gone but his brain hasn't and he can still put it about.
I’m hoping Pep mentioned the possibility of Rodri playing centre back just so that opposing managers can’t make their plans based on certainty that Fernandinho will be CB.

I can see circumstances where the two might interchange. I expect it will be Laporte and Rodri taking up positions on our 6 yard line and attacking corners. But generally having Rodri in front of Fernandinho seems the way to go.

Seem to remember Rodri has only played CB once in his City career in a 2-0 win at Palace about three years ago.

We played in the tequila sunrise kit.

I didn’t get why Gerrard took off his DM Marvellous (whatever his surname) who was having a good game, and replace him with an inexperienced 18 year old on 60 mins, for me that weakened Villa in the middle of the park and dippers scored 5 mins later.

Depends on whether Liverpool bang a load in against Saints though which is entirely possible. I think we need at least 4 points from these next 2 games to try and reduce the chances of it going down to GD on the final day. Ideally we get 6 points from these 2 games though!
Saints have a poor record of conceding a shit load of goals in odd games.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.