Wolves (A) - Wed 11th May, 20:15 (BST) | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that Kev was left on the pitch for 90 minutes on Sunday suggests to me he might be "rested".
Possibly, but it seemed on Sunday that Pep’s priority on was to go easy on the players who were on the pitch in extra time in Madrid.

KdB played 72 mins in Madrid and was rested for Leeds, so possibly had a bit more in the tank than some others. I’m expecting him to play 60-70 mins in each of the remaining games, more if we’re desperate for a goal.

Form table for the last 10 games, although Wolves have played 9 of course, puts them 18th. W2 D1 L6. Scored 7 Conceded 14.

It's a tough place to go historically but the evidence doesn't back that up this season. Adama was always a threat when we played them. He's not there. We just have to be beating this Wolves team. The draw at Chelsea is being overplayed. Chelsea have only won one of their past 5 games.

We just have to go out there and blow this Wolves team aside. They've lost 2-0 at home to Palace. 3-2 at home to Leeds and 3-0 at home to Brighton.

Hopefully we get the 3pts tonight. Noble's last game at home for West Ham when we play them so the fans will be well up for the game. Hopefully we spoil the party. In many ways, as with losing the last game at Maine Road, it would be quite fitting for them to lose Noble's last game.

The fact that Kev was left on the pitch for 90 minutes on Sunday suggests to me he might be "rested".
We know that kdb is best suited when playing regularly and not rested as he looses his rhythm (as we found in madrid when rested for leeds).

As long as pep manages it well I would be happy seeing him play 65/70 minutes tonight, getting the game won and then drag him off to protect him for West ham.

At least that musclebound cnut Traore isn’t playing tonight. Used to score just two goals every season but, unfortunately, both against us.

Steady as she goes and we stay firmly in the driving seat.

Form table for the last 10 games, although Wolves have played 9 of course, puts them 18th. W2 D1 L6. Scored 7 Conceded 14.

It's a tough place to go historically but the evidence doesn't back that up this season. Adama was always a threat when we played them. He's not there. We just have to be beating this Wolves team. The draw at Chelsea is being overplayed. Chelsea have only won one of their past 5 games.

We just have to go out there and blow this Wolves team aside. They've lost 2-0 at home to Palace. 3-2 at home to Leeds and 3-0 at home to Brighton.

Hopefully we get the 3pts tonight. Noble's last game at home for West Ham when we play them so the fans will be well up for the game. Hopefully we spoil the party. In many ways, as with losing the last game at Maine Road, it would be quite fitting for them to lose Noble's last game.
If Noble plays - I hope he does - it won't be their strongest team. He's far from top 1st team material nowadays.

Back to tonight, Pep will go as strong as he can. He's got plenty to rotate with, but, I'd be surprised if, after 3 days rest, he doesn't start with KDB. After tonight , there's a 4 day break to the West Ham game in which to rest up. He should be good for an hour or so, imho, and hopefully we do the business early. Then get him off and ready for the Hammers away.

great assessment supercity88 and I hope that you are spot on mate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.