Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

We were lacking and Wolves took their chances.

We need to improve front, center and back, but it's not easy with players out of action.

Any other day, the 'team' on the bench is a match for most teams, but we need to strengthen across the park, finish the chances we get and push attacks back - we did neither on Sunday, and Wolves took advantage of their chances.

They've always been a tricky team for us, shut out as much of the goal as they can, and that tactic works for them.

Another bad day yet again for us. We must pick ourselves up and get going again, like most on here have mentioned already we've not really been sharp and alert all season and I don't quite know why, my best guess is the shit pre-season has something to do with it.

I pray and hope that they don't smash or 100pts total as that would be just too much to take.

Some of these players that have lowered their levels are making it easier for the club to release them at the end of the season.

A game we expected to win and approached as such. Wolves took advantage, game plan matched perfectly and honestly we're lucky it wasn't 3-0 by the half.
Looked was like Cancelo was more effective / dangerous 1st half however that likely due to shooting off the right foot and pressing into positions to be able to do so which may have made him look better than he actually was.
There were clear errors from D but I don't think the blame lies squarely there- the impotence or more accurately the virtual absence of anything representing an attack save the final scrambling 15 min or so put more pressure on a lethargic midfield which only begged for mistakes from the defense.
We've won 2 in a row in style. If they were easy who'd follow with the fervor and passion that some of this team's true supporters do. I'm still pissed (sober by now) and the only consolation and hope is that losses like this can galvanized a squad. I realize it's a long road, but given the circumstances thankfully we have time to claw it back. What other choice is there when you bleed blue.
The lucky bastards looking down at us will have their slip ups. They are not the dynamic juggernaut their fanbase seem to want to convince the rest of the world of.

Fight til the end boys. We aren't giving the league to this lot so easily.

Indeed there are many knowledgeable fans out there but for me, most of these fall into the category of "getting it right" after the event, and then have to use such hyperbole/vitriol to try and make their point.
Indeed, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it’s the hindsight that we learn from. We’ve all been saying for weeks that the midfield of Rodri Gundogan and Silva shouldn’t play together again after the Norwich game. Yet Pep did it yesterday.

I was on the Met when I saw the team announced on my phone and in my head the song “hello hello hello, we’ve got the slowest midfield in the world” (to the Pep and Arteta Treble chant) popped up.

That is not what I saw on the bench today. He was totally immersed in the game. I sit opposite and he was in deep discussion with Arteta with both his arms outstretched pointing out what look like gaps or distances. This conversation went on a while. Besides the the key long term injuries he cannot ever rely on Mendy. Stones is always injured and now Kevin also picking up injuries. I think the expectations at the club are such that he cannot play the youngsters. Thus leaving him playing a side he probably has doubts about. The Cancelo experiment at left back was rectified at half-time, quickest I have seen him react. So, think this leaves him in a difficult place right now. There is also no leader out there right now or suspect possibly in the dressing room. The issue now becomes if, and I say if we don’t have a great session, which can happen to any top team, what happens with one year let on his contract. Does he rebuild for that one season? Pep is too proud a man to be letting his intensity drop, and I believe would walk away rather than give us his all.
Exactly, the no leaders in the squad is a big concern. Giving the armband to David for pure sentimentality reasons is ridiculous, he's probably the least leader we have in our squad. I'm not sure who is the best choice tbqh.

We were lacking and Wolves took their chances.

We need to improve front, center and back, but it's not easy with players out of action.

Any other day, the 'team' on the bench is a match for most teams, but we need to strengthen across the park, finish the chances we get and push attacks back - we did neither on Sunday, and Wolves took advantage of their chances.

They've always been a tricky team for us, shut out as much of the goal as they can, and that tactic works for them.
The scary thing is Wolves missed a lot of chances as well, it could have been far worse.

Indeed, hindsight is a wonderful thing, but it’s the hindsight that we learn from. We’ve all been saying for weeks that the midfield of Rodri Gundogan and Silva shouldn’t play together again after the Norwich game. Yet Pep did it yesterday.

I was on the Met when I saw the team announced on my phone and in my head the song “hello hello hello, we’ve got the slowest midfield in the world” (to the Pep and Arteta Treble chant) popped up.
But unless you know why he did it, you are having to use hindsight again

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.