Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

Bring back Vinny.
What we lacked was a midfielder who could demand the ball and dictate the game.

This season it was KDB. Injured
last season it was Bernardo. perhaps Pep did not think he was right after the week he's had.

I was actually positive before the game because although I knew about the injuries, I thought that City under media siege would kill the opponent, but Pep opted to withdraw Bernardo. Perhaps he has been hurt more than we realised?

It is even more surorising then that if Pep decides that Bernardo is not going to start he leaves out Foden.

What we did was effectively leave Mahrez, Sterling and Aguero completely isolated.

I wonder if Pep is going to fundamentally alter his view of our midfield. He talks a lot about how good Foden is but in truth the player will and should be completely exasperated at the moment. He came on and scored against Dinamo. What more does he have to do?

Wolves played a typical game at City, at times 10 men behind the ball in the last third,the sort of formation Pool still dont have to deal with despite winning 17 on the go now
The amount of times they broke through on Ederson was unusual and alarming,Nuno seems to have come up with some serious work there,the tape will indeed have to be analysed because those prodded balls through to the Wolves strikers have to be avoided , cut out, in future

Wolves played a typical game at City, at times 10 men behind the ball in the last third,the sort of formation Pool still dont have to deal with despite winning 17 on the go now
The amount of times they broke through on Ederson was unusual and alarming,Nuno seems to have come up with some serious work there,the tape will indeed have to be analysed because those prodded balls through to the Wolves strikers have to be avoided , cut out, in future
Yeah, so if a team like Wolves can do it we have problems ahead right?

Well, lads, I'll say this - if we win the title from here, it will rank as our greatest title of all. But to be honest, I can't see it. One injury too many plus starting the season with only three central defenders, one of whom is injury prone, one (arguably two, but I'm being kind) not that hot, and only one, the injured one, up to organising the defence. KDB's fitness (or lack of it) could be key. Possibly one of the top three in Europe when fit, but no better than me when sat in the stands.

We'll do very well to win the Champions League, for basically the same reasons. Sooner or later we will come up against someone who has the nous to exploit our weaknesses.

Too early to panic, obviously, but Pep and his staff have a lot of work to do. In my view it's time to give Foden and even Garcia more playing time, but you can't expect young lads to work miracles.

I don't think the constant attacks on our club are helping matters either, they are bound to affect the players at some stage,this latest ballocks with Bernardo will have a big impact on him and his teammates.i myself was subject to something similar at work a few years ago the impact it had on me was devastating,but the lads are strong and will get over this,I am not making excuses for the team but it could be a very big part in what we are seeing,so I think pep should think about removing the vermin from press conferences etc just like the pisscan did.this is only my opinion bye the way.

There’s nothing wrong. To draw any meaningful conclusions you have to have a bigger data set than yesterday.

We hold 4 trophies are second in the league and going well in 4 tournaments. Can’t help what other teams do. We aren’t unbeatable.

Yesterday we played below our normal level and Wolves played very well. That’s it. When Pep goes we will have more performances like yesterday than we do now but we will still be great overall so get used to it.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.