Wolves (H) Post-Match Thread

The sky is falling! The sky is falling! The sky is falling!

The complete lack of perspective and understanding of the problem is amazing.

Against a team BUILT like Wolves: 9/10 man defence with a rabbit or two, we were always likely to find ourselves in a few one on ones at the back. However, they could have scored 5 on breakaways alone, let alone with their height from dead balls.

One of the problems, for me, is the lack of a Plan B player upfront when we revert to the cross,cross, cross in the latter stages.

We play by getting in behind the full back and cutting the ball across. We are supremely successful at that. To stop that today, they played deep and they put Traore against Sterling for the first 60 mins, then released him to attack us in the later stages.

Did anyone realize Traore had only scored one goal before today, and that was an age ago!!!

We were done on the counter attack, but, sadly, looked like we were going to need a defensive mistake to score today. They set up to nullify us and were successful. We were set up to expose ourselves at the back and were successful. The most crucial part of the game was that we didn’t score a goal and force Wolves to open up.

At 0-0, their game plan was rock solid.
At 0-1, WE are the ones that had to open up.
When it finally went to 0-2, the game had already pretty much ended...it just made it look worse.

So, where to go from here? Relax, get back out on the training pitch, and start looking at where we can attack teams that play this way, because everyone will try to play this way from here!

Some people are losing their shit. I would simply say they have been spoiled and THIS is what most of us have lived for 50 years...and without a world class team and manager!

Given the (excellent) standards we are used to, this season has been poor so far.

Half of the first 11 was ‘out’ today:

KDB
Sane
Mendy
Laporte
Stones

That’s the spine and the left side of the team simply not available.

That’s a lot to ‘carry’ in the premier league. These days you simply do not get away with having so many starters missing.

Imo that reduces us from a title winning side to a side who’d finish 4th.

A few on here have said that expectations need to be lowered this season due to injuries to very significant players.

I think that’s pretty sensible judging by what I’ve seen so far.

Do you honestly think any team can keep up the intensity for a 3rd straight season? impossible

scousers have - we keep saying they willburn out but they dont...get away with it on the injury front as well

There will be overreactions, disappointment, and even flapping.

Nonetheless, we all (besides the lurkers) support one team in Manchester. They didn’t have the best game but it wouldn’t be City if we didn’t piss on the parade of everyone rooting for the dippers to win the league.

Regardless, not the best performamce. Gundy and Silva, just doesn’t work. Gundy ended up just coasting in the second half with Rodri on the charge instead. Aguero didn’t get a smidge today. Cancelo was good besides the one or two bad passes or tackles. Otamendi scares me wholeheartedly. Dinho did the best he could today. It wasn’t a good performance collectively. Some shaking up needs to happen.

Pep owes us nothing after the last two seasons, and whilst it wont make me happy, I will at least accept not winning the league this year. Indeed I would accept wining nothing, "can't win everything" etc.

But the manager DOES owe the players a fair crack of the whip. Foden for Gundo and one of the young CBs for Otamendi for certain. If he continues to pick Ota and Gundo whilst leaving Garcia or HB in nowhere land and continues to insult Foden's intelligence I'm going to get increasingly pissed off.

Early days yet, league not over etc, but we really should be working towards the next generation this season. If we're not going to win the league, fair enough so long as we see a little bit of the future on the pitch. I don't want to see another few hundred million spunked on CBs whilst we havent yet given the young lads any chances and if I was Foden I would be demanding a move if it gets to easter and I hvent been given a run in the side. Not a loan, a transfer.

Pep owes us nothing, hes given us enough memories and records to last 20 seasons, but he owes the club and its players a fair chance to play.

This is absolutely spot on. Two seasons of being the greatest team these isles have ever seen was bound to come to an end at some point. Whilst never conceding the league, I think circumstances are such that we have an opportunity to bed in the next generation without doing too much damage.

As or Liverpool, the amount they've spent you'd expect them to be winning the league if we're not at the races so more good luck to them. We need to concentrate on our own affairs.

Disgusting.

Pep picking that midfield was criminal.

Almost as criminal as not replacing Vinny in summer.

Otamendi a disgrace. Actually, all of them a disgrace.
Do you think he should be arrested for all those criminal acts? How long do you think he’ll serve?

Nice to see the trolls are already on claiming that Klopp is better than Pep.

Make no mistake, if Liverpool do win the title this season, it will be entirely because our performance dropped off, not because they got anywhere near our levels of the last two seasons.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.