Wolves (H) - Post-Match Thread

That Wolves fan . Some woman with pink hair at the bottom next to block 111 didn’t half get some grief from the City fans. She was close to tears !

All understandable thoughts.Anything else than a City win would have been a travesty.

I think unfortunately, our unhappy-looking manager is hamstrung by an extremely-rigid and drilled system introduced by our previous manner Nuno Santo. Football under Nuno seemed light years away from yesterday I agree, but its the same team except Moutinho is too old and Dendoncker has worsened. The midfield has zero mobility and so it just ping pongs back to defence. Raul Jimenez sometimes seems like he is 'half with it' since his head injury - I understand your wrath about him yesterday at the sending off, but it sadly seems to me he is not mentally with it at the level required. In clapping him off yesterday, believe me people were cursing him for his naivety/stupidity, but unless you understand what he has been through you wouldn't slate us for trying to support him. If you have a spare 30 minutes watch the documentary about his head injury RAUL JIMENEZ: CODE RED | FULL DOCUMENTARY - YouTube. What would you do if he was a City player? He is an excellent player but I am not convinced he has much of a career left, since his head injury.

But we do have 2 French players Saiss and the left back Ait Nouri who will roll and roll when touched and I don't like it. But I don't think 'los bastardos' football is a justifiable tag just because we can't match City's slick play. I think its more a matter that you struggled at times to overcome a strong, superbly-drilled defence, which shows it was nearly effective.

On the other hand, whilst I don't think Wolves were excessively dirty or anything, the lack of creativity is a real issue for us and it is something that may indeed see us dropping lower and lower, compared to Brighton for example, who I agree play some lovely football. But Brighton continue to go from strength to strength bringing in good new players whilst we have suddenly turned the tap off (well over a year ago) and hence we are just left with great but stagnating, ageing players. If you do not constantly refresh and update, the premiership will eat you up and spit you out, and I think that is what is slowly happening to Wolves, nothing more sinister than that.
Thought Jimenez was unlucky with his first yellow - the only reason he got it was Moss completely lost control after giving a couple of soft yellows for city in the minutes previous… you’d be gutted as an away fan as I thought wolves had done well to completely nullify city to that point (I fail to see why pep had us playing so narrow which was helping wolves)

on a positive note the applause the away fans gave to Ian Niven didn’t go unnoticed by this city fan

May I offer my views as a Wolves fan in peace? Then I will fuck off (:-.

Wolves do have a fundamental problem which is driving our own fans nuts - we do not have any attacking central midfielders....we have Neves, Dendonkey (who is basically a central defender turned midfielder), and 35 year Joao Moutinho whose legs have gone but still battles manfully. I genuinely don't think it is the current managers preferred style as he is known for being an attacking coach, but we just do not have the players who are mobile enough, and no new players (other than a couple of loans) have been brought in since he was appointed so he is in effect playing Nuno-ball still. We were seconds away from acquiring Sanches from Lille in the summer but withdrew due to his injury record. But such a player would transform us if fit, but we have known this for nearly 2 years so its our own fault really. We all wonder whether the lack of new players is down to it now being a bit political in that Chinese Govt are now saying 'no expenditure' to western football owners due to the political climate between China and the West. Nevertheless we are still hoping for a January purchase to dramatically change our formation as we have such a small squad, also the likes of Jonny, Neto, Boly are key players who are long term injured. Our bench yesterday was unplayed teenagers mainly. But I think the manager came with a defensive plan undoubtedly, I suppose it is anti-football but if it continues the team it will hurt more than anyone else is ourselves WWFC. But the counter point is that until Jimenez got himself stupidly sent off, I felt we were doing quite well, though City I felt,would probably score sooner or later with long range shooting. But how can you match City with their fabulous range of players? If you take them on at their own game you will get slaughtered. Furthermore, Traore is an enigma, he barely moves until on the ball then he explodes, but he doesnt seem to have the ability to move off the ball in anticipation of moves, in contrast, every City player is always moving around and it is wonderful to watch their flair and movement.

Time wasting? I'm not sure, possibly yes slowing the game down, but the Kilman- Neves injury for 7 minutes (?)was totally unintended and Sterling did catch Saiss in the eye as he has that uniquely weird running style where he sticks his arms out high (if you slow down the footage you can see he clearly does). But Saiss is the one Wolves player who goes down easily I admit, and I don't like that. Re: Jimenez, he doesnt even catch the city defender to get booked (if you look at the footage) but at that very point City fans were getting on the back of John Moss so he very unfairly booked Raul (in my opinion) due to fan pressure (we all do it), but he was then stupid beyond extreme to block the free kick and in that respect deserved the sending off. The other key decision was the penalty, it clearly hit his torso but I'm not sure whether its possible to tell whether it also hits his underarm in that moment. He was asking for it having his arm raised I suppose. Either way, City deserved the win undoubtedly, even though not firing on all cyclinders, even though I feel we were hard done by on key decisions. But we all see it our own way. Sterling, in our eyes, was constantly diving and going down too easily looking for decisions and getting at the ref, but you will probably feel he was being fouled.

Undoubtedly, if Wolves continue like this then our reputation will be deserved, so I hope we do something about it in January because its pretty dire but then I love the effort of all of them and defensively Kilman, Coady, Saiss (who cost a 'combined' £5m) are doing wonders and are each brilliant lads. But Neves needs more mobile players around him in midfield. Love Neves to bits, tho he deserves a move to a bigger club sadly, now our financial tap seems to have been turned off in the past 2 years. Oh well we had 3 great seasons.

Ok, I will feck off now, best of luck, I know some Wolves fans can be one-eyed, biased twats (aren't we all), but 99% of us would genuinely very much prefer City to win the Premierships than either of those hateful clubs wearing red.
I genuinely thought your goalkeeper was time wasting but he was equally as slow after the goal

Wolves are better than what they attempted yesterday. That was worse than any anti football display I have ever seen at the Etihad including Burnley, Newcastle or Pullis' WBA and Palace teams of the past. They were aided and abetted by the worse Premier League referee in history. Does that arsehole Moss, nor any of the Wolves management realise that gave was televised to every corner of the globe yesterday, and as the only game at that time it would have been the game that was watched. The Premier League should look at fining teams like Wolves for non football performances like that when all they did was feign injury and waste time. A boxing promoter would withhold a fight purse from a boxer who showed no interest in trying to make a match and prior to that the referee would halt the bout as a bloody non contest.

Just a shocking game and God help the Wolves supporters if that is what their new manager is serving up each week.
I thought Palace were much worse - blatantly diving, time wasting and general shitehousery

I genuinely thought your goalkeeper was time wasting but he was equally as slow after the goal
Yeah we commented on that at the time. Couldn't understand it, he's either a dopey bastard or there was a definite 'last 10 minute' game plan as long as there was no more than one goal in it.

Can't believe the attitude of your fans.

We all saw the Milner disgrace at Anfield when you were cheated. You were calling the Premier League corrupt then, so is it or not? The reality is that there's a pecking order and you're below Liverpool, so you get done against them, quite regularly may I add, but you're ahead of us, so we get done against you. I don't believe Moss cost us a point because I still think a team like you probably would've scored but the reality is we were cheated from being 0-0 with 25 to play. Cheated. That's without getting into the ridiculous first yellow for Raul.

As for your view on our anti-football. It's a load of rubbish. Many teams play like it against you because you're so much better, because you have the best manager in the world and the best squad thanks to the resources you have.

The idea that we are worse than anyone else is a joke. I read a comment on Twitter saying Palace had a go and won fairly. They didn't really. 32% possession and 3 shots on target was their 'having a go', when they had to play 45 minutes against ten men.

Similarly, the idea that we played better football under Nuno is rubbish. It's the same, you're just influenced by the score.

The issue with you lot here is the hypocrisy. I just looked at your head-to-head with United before you were 'good'. A 0-0 at Old Trafford, November 2004. Remember it? Well, if you don't the match report says 'City found it hard to break out of their half' and 'offered little of an attacking threat'. Oh, and you came 8th that season, so you clearly weren't a bad side either.

As for the play-acting, what's your issues here. There seems to be a problem with Saiss. I couldn't tell but from the away end, high up, it didn't look much but I believe he was poked in the eye. Clearly, he exaggerated but he wasn't defending our corner as a result, so it was a big risk. You benefited from that situation in the sense we lost a key defensive aerial threat for a corner.

We committed five fouls in that game, you committed 12. Again, you committed twice the number of fouls than us, so how does that fit your narrative?

By the way, I'm not hear to defend everything about us. We've notably time wasted more since Brentford did it to us in September and I don't agree with it, I just can't grasp your hypocrisy. The diving was worse, or as bad at least, from you on Saturday. The cynicism was evidently worse from you, it's remarkable that you committed more fouls given the possession. We clearly time-wasted and were delighted to be drawing, so we were poor in that sense, but it's pretty obvious as to why.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, I genuinely mean that, every Wolves fan I know would prefer City winning the league to the scousers and laugh when you batter United. Also, Guardiola is the best coach around in my opinion and the football you play is incredible.

I just expect better from your fans as you're starting to turn into the scousers you hate, with the whining and arrogance. Considering you've been where we are, you know how it is as a mid-table side going against the elite and the reality is that we lost 1-0 to one of the worst decisions you will ever see (from VAR not Moss), so there's bound to be frustration.

Can't believe the attitude of your fans.

We all saw the Milner disgrace at Anfield when you were cheated. You were calling the Premier League corrupt then, so is it or not? The reality is that there's a pecking order and you're below Liverpool, so you get done against them, quite regularly may I add, but you're ahead of us, so we get done against you. I don't believe Moss cost us a point because I still think a team like you probably would've scored but the reality is we were cheated from being 0-0 with 25 to play. Cheated. That's without getting into the ridiculous first yellow for Raul.

As for your view on our anti-football. It's a load of rubbish. Many teams play like it against you because you're so much better, because you have the best manager in the world and the best squad thanks to the resources you have.

The idea that we are worse than anyone else is a joke. I read a comment on Twitter saying Palace had a go and won fairly. They didn't really. 32% possession and 3 shots on target was their 'having a go', when they had to play 45 minutes against ten men.

Similarly, the idea that we played better football under Nuno is rubbish. It's the same, you're just influenced by the score.

The issue with you lot here is the hypocrisy. I just looked at your head-to-head with United before you were 'good'. A 0-0 at Old Trafford, November 2004. Remember it? Well, if you don't the match report says 'City found it hard to break out of their half' and 'offered little of an attacking threat'. Oh, and you came 8th that season, so you clearly weren't a bad side either.

As for the play-acting, what's your issues here. There seems to be a problem with Saiss. I couldn't tell but from the away end, high up, it didn't look much but I believe he was poked in the eye. Clearly, he exaggerated but he wasn't defending our corner as a result, so it was a big risk. You benefited from that situation in the sense we lost a key defensive aerial threat for a corner.

We committed five fouls in that game, you committed 12. Again, you committed twice the number of fouls than us, so how does that fit your narrative?

By the way, I'm not hear to defend everything about us. We've notably time wasted more since Brentford did it to us in September and I don't agree with it, I just can't grasp your hypocrisy. The diving was worse, or as bad at least, from you on Saturday. The cynicism was evidently worse from you, it's remarkable that you committed more fouls given the possession. We clearly time-wasted and were delighted to be drawing, so we were poor in that sense, but it's pretty obvious as to why.

Anyway, good luck for the rest of the season, I genuinely mean that, every Wolves fan I know would prefer City winning the league to the scousers and laugh when you batter United. Also, Guardiola is the best coach around in my opinion and the football you play is incredible.

I just expect better from your fans as you're starting to turn into the scousers you hate, with the whining and arrogance. Considering you've been where we are, you know how it is as a mid-table side going against the elite and the reality is that we lost 1-0 to one of the worst decisions you will ever see (from VAR not Moss), so there's bound to be frustration.

fair comment there fella

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.