Wolves (H) - Sat 4th May, 17:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m on the East Coast and Arsenal is at 730 AM and City at 12:30 PM. So Arsenal requires a very early morning for West Coasters.

I wonder if the early games get more casual watchers - eg, “I’ll turn on the TV to see what’s on, oh look it’s soccer.”

City will play right before the Kentucky Derby.

Don’t know if any of this matters!

Is that the one where they put ribbons in the manes of the horses while they're parading them around, and weird shit like that?!

Yeah, your times confirm what I surmise. The Arsenal game must get a lot of viewing with the China/Korea/Japan/Thai audience.
it took me a long, long time to fully twig that Latin America is not simply south of North America. Far from it. I just simplified it in my head. Anybody in Buenos Aires or Rio wanting to watch the City match is significantly better off in terms of getting-up time than someone in N.Y. That's one hell of a swing-across that Mexico and the central American countries do.

Last edited:
9:30am start time is money for us Californians. Beer flows at that hour of the morning. Then you get a bit of a break and then watch the ponies. Get a break again and watch the Canelo Alvarez fight.

As for the game: Bernardo, Gvardiol, Ake, Akanji, KDB, Rodri and Haaland are must starts. Ortega will get the start too so its just 3 players competing to start on the pitch. Who do we pick between Kovacic, Foden, Walker, Grealish and Doku?

Is that the one where they put ribbons in the manes of the horses while they're parading them around, and weird shit like that?!

Yeah, your times confirm what I surmise. The Arsenal game must get a lot of viewing with the China/Korea/Japan/Thai audience.
it took me a long, long time to fully twig that Latin America is not simply south of North America. Far from it. I just simplified it in my head. Anybody in Buenos Aires or Rio wanting to watch the City match is significantly better off in terms of getting-up time than someone in N.Y. That's one hell of a swing-across that Mexico and the central American countries do.
Yes, if I have to work during a city game, I try to go to São Paulo, as we get in in the morning and the game is on 3 hrs before Manchester time versus 6 hrs before in Chicago! Timing usually works out great and they have wall to wall Premier League on ESPN there!

Last time I was there in a game day, I saw a few City shirts walking around on Paulista, too!!

A win is all that matters.
And I actually don't think it will be easy. This lot have history of rolling over for the Dips - usually last day of season - how delightful not to have to stress about the 'this means more' shower this season. However I have Wolves, similar to same ilk as Palace/ Brent/ Saints at the Etihad. They park buses, defend with 11 men plus ref, foul unpunished at every opportunity and play like its their cup final to thwart and frustrate us. They have little to play for, but guarantee this Saturday eill play way above their 'rolling over' footballing capabilities.

If Pep doesn't put the right mix out - and no way will I attempt to predict the starting line up, this could be a very frustrating Saturday teatime....

I hope I am wrong though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.