Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

Ref bottled it, team bottled it. Terrible terrible football, I've never seen a team so heavily reliant on the centre backs getting involved were asking them to take shots from distance and get up the wings putting crosses in.

Whether facetious or not I, actually, thought he's retain his place over Kovačić, mainly for the mid mobility of Wolves.

However, it was impossible to see that both Nunes and Kovačić would have such terrible games.
Both were shocking weren’t they. Can’t have so many players not turn up and expect to get anything.

Seventh season in, I am accepting there will be 2-3 games a season where we are going to be 'smashed&grabbed' like today, it seems to me there is nothing to be done about it. It is one constant of Pep's era, the same as having these little chains of losses across a few games. That is the reason why NU game was so important, but Pep thought otherwise. First he threw the game away and then Rodrified himself to the terraces - in the game he thought was not important!
I am not sure we played so poorly, we simple fell into this mindset of chasing the game and two goals we conceded were the consequence of that. Early goal, playing away, hostile crowd, it was ominous from the very moment Dias put that ball into our net. Conceded two goals from one shot on goal and no penalty, it was written by the Gods of Football, simple forget the fucking game - although we lost to one of the worst Wolves sides in the last five seasons - and move on. The only problem is we have another two difficult away games and we re going into them wounded.
And I forgot, today we saw why Rodri is £500 mil player for us!

Same as newcastle. Embarrassing. Fuck knows what's happened to the mentality in the past two weeks.

Hate to say it but think waistcoat is right..Phil cannot play central midfield. He's too lightweight in there and he goes missing for periods. Having him coming in from wide however and he's world class. We need to find a long term option for replacing Gundo and Kev because without them against decent physical sides like today and 2nd half v Newcastle we suffer.

Worst performance for years that.

Every single one of them absolutely miles off it.

Ake looked injured to me. He could hardly move, let alone run.

Haaland was a fucking disgrace. Lolloped around the pitch showing fuck all graft. Like watching a different player from the one who put that massive performance in when we went down to 10 v Forest.

Nunes is far too “nice”. Worrying if he’s had to go off as the booing was a little bit much for his little head bless.

Most disappointing thing for me today though was the complete lack of ‘roar’ and leadership and an apparent communal acceptance we were getting nothing out of the game.

Shite.

Terrible performance from the team.

Even worse performance from Pawson.

To not send off Hwang, for him to then score the winner and only add 6 minutes on - while being generally terrible and inconsistent all game, beggars belief.

Some of these refereeing performances recently make me wonder how much the Premier League worry about City turning the league into a "farmer's league" and how far they would go to prevent it...

I get that we were shit and don't disagree. That second goal was scored by someone who shouldn't have been on the pitch. He gave them everything. That was up there with Taylor vs Chelsea levels of bollocks.
Agree with all that mate but still don't think he was the reason for the defeat.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.