Wolves PL (A) | Post Match Discussion

He's a very smart player and more than capable of adopting a new system. Don't make it sound like he's some muscle head footballer who's only intetested in scoring goals
I didn’t. He’s just not technically good enough to play like a Rooney or Kane. If it suddenly starts to happen where his touch is superb or he can play great passes cross field at 23 then brilliant but i’d be amazed. He’s a fantastic out and out forward and we need a system that gets the best out of him. His goal record and chances we’ve created for him so far this season suggests we do. The flip side is every now and then we’ll have a game like yesterday and the debates start again.

Kovacic was poor yesterday. Lost the ball who knows how may times. Ake was poor yesterday. Beaten for pace time and again. Foden was poor yesterday. Still doesn't know how to take control of games. Haaland doesn't move enough so he's easy to mark on days like yesterday. More teams will work this out so we need to work out solutions. For a start we could do with being quicker in our passing up front. Laborious and predictable at times.

That said these games will happen. As long as we learn and improve we'll still be there or thereabouts. But for our confidence we need to get back to winning ways pretty damn quick. Next batch of games could tell us alot about our season to come.

The way i seen it yesterday being there was by playing nunes it gave their crowd a massive lift and they were up for it and that transpired to their players imo.they had like a siege mentality and from there on in were very vocal about the premier league being corrupt which made the referee make numerous mistakes all in their favour.they got the goal against the run of play and it just got from bad to worse as they sat back and crowded everything out.i said to my mate about 20 minutes in pep will bring of nunes at half time as it was firing them up.think this is a wake up call needed that and just need to move on and try and get a good result at arsenal

If we have to lose for the first time this season good to choose a day when the rags also lose.

And — far more importantly — LIverpool. Even if they were robbed. United are now an irrelevance as far as challenging for major trophies is concerned. Yeah, we should still hate them, and be jubilant when they lose. But they don't matter all that much, now, you know.
Liverpool will be a threat for the title this year, I believe. They've bought pretty well, their players took time to bed in last season. (We know that phenomenon). Salah still shows no real sign of declining, although it's high time he did.
No — they'll be there.
United fans, meanwhile, will stew in their glassy-eyed mantra: “We are the biggest club in the world”. Yes, they have more ‘supporters’ in Kuala Lumpur than anyone else except, I suppose, Real. I leave them to it.

Blame should be put on the Pep & the team not Pawson. Wolves bullied us all over the pitch & some of our players just weren’t up for it. Neto & Semedo had a field day on the right, Ake got no help from Doku, who had no end ball whatsoever yesterday. Nunes was garbage, I’m hoping it was the crowd that got to him on the day,which in itself is worrying but preferable to any other reason. Kovacic looks & played like an old man in a role he is clearly unsuited for & his replacement Philips didn’t do anything to deter his many detractors in his 30 minutes, it seems we have destroyed the lad’s confidence entirely as he tries to play it safe. Piss poor day at the office for Haaland who was schooled by a 33 year old journey man centre half who was loving the challenge or lack of it & Foden was marked out of the game by Totti and frankly just looks lost without KDB; Gundogan or Bernardo. None of the changes worked & Bobb preferred to Grealish in the tight spaces signals where Pep thinks Jack’s game is currently at. No positives yesterday at all only huge doubts!

The constant shit nunes got just solidified my opion midlanders are mainly fuckwits , file alongside the clowns at villa
We did it with Distin, Barton, Sturridge, Milner and even Dickov when he scored a penalty against us.

We gave Distin the same level of abuse Nunes got yesterday when we beat Pompey 6-0.

When Sturridge was being subbed off in that game at the Etihad for Liverpool, we looked like arseholes when the entire stadium booed him off.

Last edited by a moderator:
We did it with Distin, Barton, Sturridge, Milner and even Dickov when he scored a penalty against us.

We gave Distin the same level of abuse Nunes got yesterday when we beat Pompey 6-0.

When Sturridge was being subbed off in that game at the Etihad for Liverpool, we looked like arseholes when the entire stadium booed him off.
I was amazed at the abuse Distin got in that game - a former club captain who'd given us several years of very good service and left on good terms. Shabby treatment from many City fans that day.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.