Wolves post match

I see the Sun have decided that the 4th sub rule is open to interpretation and spread that City and Arsenal are in breach of it.

It's total rubbish of course.

It's fucking pathetic, is what it is & even they, with their disgustingly low standards, should be embarrassed by it. But in actual fact, the Star, Express etc are repeating it, so desperate are these sad hopeless wankers, for clickbate from depressed rags etc.

I think we might get away with Tosin with Stones or Ota(on current form) these days against lesser opposition. He kept his cool against Wolves in defence(no silly rash challenges or passes) looked confident on the ball, he'd only look more assured even with Ota. The only doubt is if Ota reverts back to panic lunges because he doesn't trust in Tosin I guess, he seems faster than Ota which would be handy but can't recall seeing them side by side so I may have that wrong.

It's fucking pathetic, is what it is & even they, with their disgustingly low standards, should be embarrassed by it. But in actual fact, the Star, Express etc are repeating it, so desperate are these sad hopeless wankers, for clickbate from depressed rags etc.

And everyone else. Cue Talksport....

On the other hand, that paragon of football journalism, ESPNFC, strongly refute Sun's claim, LOL.

http://www.espnfc.us/english-caraba...t-face-carabao-cup-expulsion-over-substitutes

Maybe ESPNFC actually hired a semi-competent staff journalist by mistake; the article is correct on the merits, but could be far more forceful/clear.

Last edited:
The office cat should be able to figure that one out, but the office cat at the Sun probably isn't operating an agenda of trying to get rags to click on their pathetic stories.
Is Office Cat related to Ceiling Cat? - 'cause I've not doubt at all that CC would get this right. :-)

City clearly deserved to win, but they did defend intelligently to be fair. Penalties were just superb.

Yes City made 9 changes, but Wolves made 9 changes too, that was their reserve keeper, only two first team defenders, no first team midfielders, and their main striker Bolatini or whatever his name is up front, came on but didn't start either. Infact they were without their backbone - John Ruddy in goal, Willy Boly their giant centre back, Doherty and Douglas as full backs, their entire midfield of Neves, Jota and Saiss, and Cavaleiro only came on late on.

So City reserves beat Wolves reserves on penalties. Good entertainment though, in the end. It was inevitable when it went to penalties.
I thought it was a very even game. Not in terms of possession, obviously. But as we’ve seen in football so many times over the years, especially with Arsenal over the years and a recent example of the Rags at Huddersfield at the weekend, having a lot of possession doesn’t mean you’re controlling the game.

Both teams played in a way they wanted which, for me, shows both teams are in control of how they wanted to play. However we did it less well than we would have hoped and they did it exactly how they would have hoped. In that way it could be said that they controlled the game better than we did.

And while both teams created the same amount of chances, with four one-on-ones with the ‘keeper it could be argued that they had “better” chances to score.

But that’s just this one game. We’ve had games this season where we’ve bosses possession and the opposition’s gameplan was to allow us to do that but we’ve torn them to shreds anyway.

Does anyone have the full lyrical context of Pep's "Carabo Cup ball" rant? I'd like to see whether it was in direct response to something like why we couldn't score, or it's just Jamie Jackson and the lads misusing his quotes.

Does anyone have the full lyrical context of Pep's "Carabo Cup ball" rant? I'd like to see whether it was in direct response to something like why we couldn't score, or it's just Jamie Jackson and the lads misusing his quotes.
https://www.mancity.com/citytv/inte...man-city-v-wolves-post-match-press-conference
3 min 12 sec for Pep's remarks about the ball. His remarks came after a journalist kept asking about when Aguero will break City's goal scoring record.

Pep was very careful to frame his remarks in the context of "it's not an excuse" and that he would not have mentioned the ball should we have lost.

Thought his comment about not being a football player - "unfortunately for you" - was great - funny and on the mark.

Last edited:
So basically Pep is repeating a complaint all our players had with the ball the moment they were given it to train with? Sounds like a "flyaway" ball you win at fairs by the discription, can't say I noticed it during the game. Maybe they should ask the other teams what they think of the ball used in this cup instead of making it out to be all Pep... it might be a common complaint.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.