Wolves Sold Out, Newcastle Sold Out

Re: Newcastle Sold Out 3 Weeks In Advance! OS Site

The Fat el Hombre said:
Wouldn't like to wait til December to watch the next home game against Norwich...

If we get a home draw in the Carling Cup that is late November isn't it?

One home game next month is depressing, there have been so many gaps between home games because of the international breaks, etc., so I'm hoping for a home match in the Carling Cup.

Bigger stadium doesn't always mean a better atmosphere. They should try and squeeze in an extra 3 or 4 rows immediately around the pitch. That's be a few hundred more in and would make the atmosphere much better.

nashark said:
Bigger stadium doesn't always mean a better atmosphere. They should try and squeeze in an extra 3 or 4 rows immediately around the pitch. That's be a few hundred more in and would make the atmosphere much better.

Where exactly? The rows go right down to pitch level now.

nashark said:
The issue is if you dont expand you have to push the prices up(as Chelsea have)and you end up with no atmosphere at all, because the "real" fans are pushed out to make way for the day trippers that will pay 2 3 times as much simply to see one game.

DontLookBackInAnger said:
nashark said:
The issue is if you dont expand you have to push the prices up(as Chelsea have)and you end up with no atmosphere at all, because the "real" fans are pushed out to make way for the day trippers that will pay 2 3 times as much simply to see one game.

I'll always love City so long as they represent my community. If their only aim was to bring in money, and ticket prices were decided purely on supply and demand without looking at the bigger picture, I wouldn't go. So I don't think pricing out fans is a direct consequence of increasing the stadium's capacity if the chairman has a conscience which time and time again, he's shown he has.

rickmcfc said:
nashark said:

Where exactly? The rows go right down to pitch level now.

Not a question for me. All I'm saying is if it can be done, do it. I think there's enough room.

Re: Wolves At Home About To Sell Out

BringBackSwales said:
GeordieBoy said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
Funny how opposition fans aren't quite so keen to come to our place these days. You'd have had Newcastle as a dead cert to sell out both tiers. Might even dawn on the rags one day soon that it's not worth wasting the train fare from Milton Keynes.

And we would have sold both tiers, but our club only accepted the bottom tier because of the no return policy.

would you fuck, if you would have sold them your club would have taken them; you selling out villa park these days are you?

Yes, as the tickets for Man City away sold out 3 days ago (I have one), and I know numerous people that couldn't get tickets because they didn't have enough loyalty points.

BY THE WAY I SUPPORT NEWCASTLE NOT VILLA

nashark said:
Do people with less money sing more?

Gingers Dad said:
nashark said:
Do people with less money sing more?
do day trippers care to sing or take photos?

Re: Wolves At Home About To Sell Out

GeordieBoy said:
BringBackSwales said:
GeordieBoy said:
And we would have sold both tiers, but our club only accepted the bottom tier because of the no return policy.

would you fuck, if you would have sold them your club would have taken them; you selling out villa park these days are you?

Yes, as the tickets for Man City away sold out 3 days ago (I have one), and I know numerous people that couldn't get tickets because they didn't have enough loyalty points.

It's already been pointed out to him on the previous page and he's acknowledged his mistake lol.

As it happens, I agree that you would've almost certainly sold both tiers and I don't think our better performances on the pitch would put any true fan off attending a game at our place. I have to pick and choose my away games these days but quality of opposition never comes into it - it's a mixture of ticket and travel prices, logistics in getting to and from the ground, and the time and date the game is on. My days of attending London games on Monday nights have long since gone for example. However, I'd never decide not to attend a game if I thought we were going to get stuffed and I'm sure most match-going fans of all clubs feel the same.

GeordieBoy said:
BringBackSwales said:
GeordieBoy said:

Tell you something mate, along with West Ham, Newcastle are my favourite set of away fans. Been to St. James's 3 times watching City and every single time I've been up you lot have been sound as fuck with us and really friendly. Genuinely hope you get the success you fans deserve mate. And yes you're away support is tremendous.<br /><br />-- Fri Oct 28, 2011 7:59 pm --<br /><br />I am as equally happy as I am pissed off at this. Great that it's onwards and upwards and were getting better crowds, but if we start to do shit for a couple of seasons these "fans" will fuck us off. Loyal bastards lol!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.