Wolves vs CITY - Official Match Thread

I don't like what we're becoming, at all.

Each player that has left us in the summer has said the same thing about there being a lack of loyalty at the club. I've put it to the back of my mind but, every now and again, a performance will make me think about their comments. Today has hurt, big time.

In games like this, you need grafters. On the pitch today, we missed Tevez, De Jong and someone like Bellamy. (No, I'm not begging him to come back or saying we need him). We missed that sort of player. Milner is supposed to be one, but in my opinion, he's been absolute dog shit since the L'Pool game. Seeing us play today the way we did was awful and really makes me think about what's being said by certain players about commitment. Arguments on the pitch during the match? Talk of constant disagreements with Mancini.

These players are on huge wage packets, I don't like that, in fact I hate that, but that's what football has become and we're in, what some people would call, a good position with all the money. (Another argument all together)

Toure's (reportedly) the highest paid player in the Premiership. What. The. Holy. Fuck. Why's he so highly paid? He's a good player yeah, but come on, common sense has to prevail at some point. I'd hate us to become a club who offer ludicrous wages to lure players in because, again, then you have to question the motives of the players who come here, especially Toure who could've easily gone to a club in the Champions League.

I'm extremely pissed off and I'm going off on a tangent, but we're universally hated, and we are the team to beat. Not Chelsea, Scum or Arsenal. We have all the money and teams don't need a team talk before playing us. We need these players to realise that, and I don't think some do, and even if they do, they don't seem to care. Loyalty is important, and I'm worried we've got too many players who don't quite understand the term.

I don't think we've played all that well this season at all.
We ground out some results with counter attacking but largely negative stuff, when we've tried to be more expansive it's been entertaining but doomed.
I see no signs of the team finding any balance yet.
First time I've ever admitted this but De Jong seems to be vital to holding things together at the back and in the middle.
1/2 of our spine missing today and it showed!

Overpaid, over valued, and half of those players think they're better than they are.

When these boys get a reality check, maybe then we can consider going for the top, but these brats on 150/200k a week, lets get pissed a few days before a match, need a firm reality check.
Most of these players are too young to remember what it used to be like, wage wise, life wise, and they are living in this delusional bubble.

The likes of Hart and Barry think they can go off get plastered when they're starting a game 3 days later. It's just so unprofessional, you wouldn't get it from the Rags, Chelsea or Arsenal. It's ridiculous, and they know how to win a game. No matter how many injuries, how many player's they're missing. Go out there, get the job down.

We've done ok so far, but we're 10 games in and this attitude has to stop, if we want to win we have got to start acting like winners, like professionals, like a team. They've had long enough together now to know eachother.

first really poor result of the season, we need to try and put the hysteria aside
if we can, difficult i know, the players need to bounce back quickly though in the next two away games.

tonea2003 said:
first really poor result of the season, we need to try and put the hysteria aside
if we can, difficult i know, the players need to bounce back quickly though in the next two away games.
3rd poor result, even more poor performances, not hysteria.
Silva, Tevez, Johnson, Kolo, Richards, Kompany & De Jong can be proud of what they've done so far, Mancini and the rest of the squad are some way off what is required.

I don't mean to rub it in, but some of you on here deserve it because of being delusional. After you lost to us last week, some of you came on here to say that you could have won it if you were 11. And I kept saying that is a very silly way of looking at it, because fouls, yellow cards, red cards, penalties etc are all part of the game. So if a game ends 3-0, that's it. That's how its ended. Try next time. The log doesn't even put an asterix on the loss and a footnote that says 'they were 10 men!'. But some of you clairvoyants came on here to claim that you would have won it if you were 11! How on earth can you reach such a conclusion? You can't view football with such simplicity. So there you were today, 11 men, against wolves. And you lost. In fact you could only manage to score through a penalty. A dubious one at that. Maybe you would have been happier if you got a red card, so that you can come on here and ludicrously claim that you would have won it if you were 11. The thing is, the league has become tough. And there are no games that 'you would have won if...." If you get beat then that's it. WBA beat us at the emirates hands down. No matter how many 'if's' we can muster. They came, went for it, and won. Period. It is too one dimensional to think that you can only lose because something went wrong on your end. Or because something wasn't done right. You have to consider that the other team also came to try to win it. And whether you believe it or not, they will sometimes beat you because of their hard work and their performance, your own not withstanding.

Rant over. Now that that's out of the way, you really are a proper side. Top four for sure. You work hard and attack like hell, but I don't think you can win the title this time around (my opinion. you might differ) because I don't believe you are a well gelled team yet. Chelsea still look the ish to me.

Neil McNab said:
tonea2003 said:
Silva, Tevez, Johnson, Kolo, Richards, Kompany & De Jong can be proud of what they've done so far, Mancini and the rest of the squad are some way off what is required.

i'll give you blackburn and sunderland, ok so yes third, but we need to kerb the hysteria, we are still 4th on course for our objective, frustrating yes but keep the faith we will prevail

tonea2003 said:
Neil McNab said:

i'll give you blackburn and sunderland, ok so yes third, but we need to kerb the hysteria, we are still 4th on course for our objective, frustrating yes but keep the faith we will prevail

We actually lost at Blackpool and arguably Newcastle if the reffing wasn't so bad (in our favour).

Chippy_boy said:
tonea2003 said:

We actually lost at Blackpool and arguably Newcastle if the reffing wasn't so bad (in our favour).

don't be silly mate

Some geezer on the M(U)EN site commenting on the game suggests there'll be some "revelations" about the players in the red tops tomorrow; anyone heard 'owt about that?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.