Wolves vs CITY - Official Match Thread

tonea2003 said:
Chippy_boy said:
We actually lost at Blackpool and arguably Newcastle if the reffing wasn't so bad (in our favour).

don't be silly mate
Quite a valid point, the only positives are the way some individuals have performed so far, nothing has impressed me about the progress of building a team. Silva has been a massive plus but Tevez remains our only effective striker.

red sun said:
I don't mean to rub it in, but some of you on here deserve it because of being delusional. After you lost to us last week, some of you came on here to say that you could have won it if you were 11. And I kept saying that is a very silly way of looking at it, because fouls, yellow cards, red cards, penalties etc are all part of the game. So if a game ends 3-0, that's it. That's how its ended. Try next time. The log doesn't even put an asterix on the loss and a footnote that says 'they were 10 men!'. But some of you clairvoyants came on here to claim that you would have won it if you were 11! How on earth can you reach such a conclusion? You can't view football with such simplicity. So there you were today, 11 men, against wolves. And you lost. In fact you could only manage to score through a penalty. A dubious one at that. Maybe you would have been happier if you got a red card, so that you can come on here and ludicrously claim that you would have won it if you were 11. The thing is, the league has become tough. And there are no games that 'you would have won if...." If you get beat then that's it. WBA beat us at the emirates hands down. No matter how many 'if's' we can muster. They came, went for it, and won. Period. It is too one dimensional to think that you can only lose because something went wrong on your end. Or because something wasn't done right. You have to consider that the other team also came to try to win it. And whether you believe it or not, they will sometimes beat you because of their hard work and their performance, your own not withstanding.

Rant over. Now that that's out of the way, you really are a proper side. Top four for sure. You work hard and attack like hell, but I don't think you can win the title this time around (my opinion. you might differ) because I don't believe you are a well gelled team yet. Chelsea still look the ish to me.

Would take top four now fella! Thanks for the independent view though and the thoughts on the "gelling" issue; think you're spot on and some of us on here seem to be close to suicide, which is clearly an over-reaction ;-)

munster said:
red sun said:
I don't mean to rub it in, but some of you on here deserve it because of being delusional. After you lost to us last week, some of you came on here to say that you could have won it if you were 11. And I kept saying that is a very silly way of looking at it, because fouls, yellow cards, red cards, penalties etc are all part of the game. So if a game ends 3-0, that's it. That's how its ended. Try next time. The log doesn't even put an asterix on the loss and a footnote that says 'they were 10 men!'. But some of you clairvoyants came on here to claim that you would have won it if you were 11! How on earth can you reach such a conclusion? You can't view football with such simplicity. So there you were today, 11 men, against wolves. And you lost. In fact you could only manage to score through a penalty. A dubious one at that. Maybe you would have been happier if you got a red card, so that you can come on here and ludicrously claim that you would have won it if you were 11. The thing is, the league has become tough. And there are no games that 'you would have won if...." If you get beat then that's it. WBA beat us at the emirates hands down. No matter how many 'if's' we can muster. They came, went for it, and won. Period. It is too one dimensional to think that you can only lose because something went wrong on your end. Or because something wasn't done right. You have to consider that the other team also came to try to win it. And whether you believe it or not, they will sometimes beat you because of their hard work and their performance, your own not withstanding.

Rant over. Now that that's out of the way, you really are a proper side. Top four for sure. You work hard and attack like hell, but I don't think you can win the title this time around (my opinion. you might differ) because I don't believe you are a well gelled team yet. Chelsea still look the ish to me.

Would take top four now fella! Thanks for the independent view though and the thoughts on the "gelling" issue; think you're spot on and some of us on here seem to be close to suicide, which is clearly an over-reaction ;-)

This lad Red Sun gave a brilliant assessment of the Match last week as well. Check out the last few pages of the Arsenal Official thread. My take is a little bit of worry creeping in. Overall the Game became very expansive quite early and with taking the lead why we could not push on. Very poor display from some of our Lads Boaeting and Yaya and especially Kompany. Our shooting from distance is terrible only Silva and an effort from Jo which was blocked managed to keep the Ball down. I was very impressed with Micah who may now have played himself back into the National squad; apart from that a bad day all round.

let's just hope that's the last bad performance of the season from City. They looked so good at the start, hard to accept how they played the rest of the match. Hope they bounce back with a vengeance!

n_mcfc said:
I don't like what we're becoming, at all.

Each player that has left us in the summer has said the same thing about there being a lack of loyalty at the club. I've put it to the back of my mind but, every now and again, a performance will make me think about their comments. Today has hurt, big time.

In games like this, you need grafters. On the pitch today, we missed Tevez, De Jong and someone like Bellamy. (No, I'm not begging him to come back or saying we need him). We missed that sort of player. Milner is supposed to be one, but in my opinion, he's been absolute dog shit since the L'Pool game. Seeing us play today the way we did was awful and really makes me think about what's being said by certain players about commitment. Arguments on the pitch during the match? Talk of constant disagreements with Mancini.

These players are on huge wage packets, I don't like that, in fact I hate that, but that's what football has become and we're in, what some people would call, a good position with all the money. (Another argument all together)

Toure's (reportedly) the highest paid player in the Premiership. What. The. Holy. Fuck. Why's he so highly paid? He's a good player yeah, but come on, common sense has to prevail at some point. I'd hate us to become a club who offer ludicrous wages to lure players in because, again, then you have to question the motives of the players who come here, especially Toure who could've easily gone to a club in the Champions League.

I'm extremely pissed off and I'm going off on a tangent, but we're universally hated, and we are the team to beat. Not Chelsea, Scum or Arsenal. We have all the money and teams don't need a team talk before playing us. We need these players to realise that, and I don't think some do, and even if they do, they don't seem to care. Loyalty is important, and I'm worried we've got too many players who don't quite understand the term.

Spot on, top post.

munster said:
Some geezer on the M(U)EN site commenting on the game suggests there'll be some "revelations" about the players in the red tops tomorrow; anyone heard 'owt about that?

Yeah the bloke whose writing it was on Manchester radio he wouldn't elaborate but yeah they are turning the knife in tomorrows NOTW

n_mcfc said:
I don't like what we're becoming, at all.

Each player that has left us in the summer has said the same thing about there being a lack of loyalty at the club. I've put it to the back of my mind but, every now and again, a performance will make me think about their comments. Today has hurt, big time.

In games like this, you need grafters. On the pitch today, we missed Tevez, De Jong and someone like Bellamy. (No, I'm not begging him to come back or saying we need him). We missed that sort of player. Milner is supposed to be one, but in my opinion, he's been absolute dog shit since the L'Pool game. Seeing us play today the way we did was awful and really makes me think about what's being said by certain players about commitment. Arguments on the pitch during the match? Talk of constant disagreements with Mancini.

These players are on huge wage packets, I don't like that, in fact I hate that, but that's what football has become and we're in, what some people would call, a good position with all the money. (Another argument all together)

Toure's (reportedly) the highest paid player in the Premiership. What. The. Holy. Fuck. Why's he so highly paid? He's a good player yeah, but come on, common sense has to prevail at some point. I'd hate us to become a club who offer ludicrous wages to lure players in because, again, then you have to question the motives of the players who come here, especially Toure who could've easily gone to a club in the Champions League.

I'm extremely pissed off and I'm going off on a tangent, but we're universally hated, and we are the team to beat. Not Chelsea, Scum or Arsenal. We have all the money and teams don't need a team talk before playing us. We need these players to realise that, and I don't think some do, and even if they do, they don't seem to care. Loyalty is important, and I'm worried we've got too many players who don't quite understand the term.

THIS.

munster said:
red sun said:

Since you mentioned the independent view issue, indulge me for a bit. Sorry if you have a separate thread for your squad analysis, but you may find it interesting to know that some of us fans of other clubs found some of your transfers out and how mancini picks his squad quite strange. I can't claim it is a general view, but I have heard it mentioned a lot. For example I know guys found it strange that Ireland could be let go and barry could stay. Was also a bit strange to opposing fans that Robinho and Bellamy were let go. I know arsenal fans really feared those two, and united feared Bellamy. Please note, I'm just mentioning what me and my other mates thought was strange. Obviously you guys know the players better (you watch them more) and would probably say...meh, so and so deserved to go. But we found those strange. Anyways, that's are in the past now.

When it comes to selection, A.Johnson on the bench is just strange. Maybe there are discipline issues with regard to drinking, which Mancini hates so much. You never know.Then Micah Richards. He probably plays quite a bit nowadays, but when he doesn't and he is fit, I know for sure that guys find it strange because he is considered very powerful, fast and quite literally very difficult to stop. You have to wrestle him to the ground for sure or he will muscle his way through you. No team likes to play against such a guy. Tevez is also feared. A top top player. But strange that he is the captain. Always talks of quiting football, being home sick and doesn't even speak English yet you have such a strong English spine in your team. You can never doubt his commitment though. For some reason guys don't rate Zabaleta, De Jong, Barry, Lescott and Milner at all. Like I said, you watch them more and are better placed to make a proper opinion. But that's just how it is. I know guys seem to think that Barry and Milner are just hard workers. They run themselves to the ground. But that's all they bring to the game. Adebayor may have been badly treated by us, but the truth is the guy just isn't good for a dressing room. And for a team trying to gel together, you don't need such guys. He has a history of petulance even with his national team. I don't know if it is good for the future if you have Tevez wanting out, and Adebayor also threatening to go if he gets no game time. I have heard on many occasions people declare that Yaya and silva are world class players in your side. People think Yaya is slow though, but I think i have seen him bomb forward once or twice and was surprised that he had pace! I don't know much about Boateng, but I have heard guys say he is good. And for the goalkeepers, at first people thought you were crazy to drop Given, but I think everyone is unanimous now that Hart is top draw.

No disrespect meant to any player. It's just thoughts. Doesn't mean we are right or anything. Just thought you might be interested in knowing what other fans think.

Perhaps the players needed this. When you get a group of player who have almost all come from winning teams (inter/barca/arsenal) they sorta have this mentality of like "ahh we'll win this easy etc." This game will hopefully make them realise that perhaps mancini is right, there are no "easy games" in the prem and they have to work in every game, and listen to the manager!

Shocking performance. Dissapointed to see Ade and Komps in a spat. Hoepfully that will be forgiven and forgotten. But I think before we all come on here and start saying how shit each of our players are. Wait until we're at full fitness (i.e. tevez and kolarov back).

All this Balo hating is beyond me. He is one of the top talents and I reckon Mancini can shape him to be a premiership hero! People were slating him after the Arsenal game which is laughable and shameful as a city fan.

The race for first might be off, but it certainly isn't for 2nd. We were 3 points clear of arsenal and Man U before the arsenal game remember. Gaps can be closed. We need to put this behind us and focus on how to turn over these lower league teams!

I’ll tell the worst thing about the blues today was the support moan moan moan does anyone remember what the “we are not really here........” is about –11 years ago I watch us lose 2 – 0 at York and slip into the bottom ½ of the 3rd division the support that day was better than today and all this season. Yes at home we get the moaners but it’s getting as bad away. We never got behind the team today and I am afraid the supporters are getting like the players we just think we can turn up and win. Today yes disappointing if we took a chance or 2 early doors it’s a different set of replies both their goals took lucky rebounds they were due some luck – we had ours last week it happens.

So let’s get real top 4 is a huge step and very possible I doubt we can win the league this season but I’ll be horse shouting us on – I hope we can all do the same isn’t that what we are about ?

Yes it wasn’t good today too narrow but Mancini has been getting stick for not playing 2 up front well there we go that didn’t look right either. Mario wasn’t great 2nd half but anyone remember the Goats away debut? Bradford away he couldn’t hit a barn door the rest we know it’s amazing what a bit of support did there or look at Rossler QPR away his debut “who is he” we wondered a -- legend (even if he didn’t look so at the time)

Keep it real and keep the faith top 3 – 4 no danger then we can start to believe

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.