Wolves Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

Blue Haze said:
I couldn't understand what Mancini was saying in his Sky interview. The interviewer asked him what Adam could have improved on. Mancini said something... I don't know what, it sounded like he said AJ didn't put in a shift defensively.

Seems like this would be an easy thing for Adam to correct. Silva has learned how to track back and defend well.
I think the interviewer was trying to get something out of Bobby. He's actual claim was that AJ could get better overall. His passing, movement, influence, decision making, everything could improve. But the guy pushed, so Bobby used an example of him not tracking O'hara on the second goal.

To be fair, AJ does try hard to track on defense, but Bobby is right: He could be better, and should want to be better. That is what great players do. They don't rest on their laurels. They permanently look for weaknesses to fix, and this makes them greater. AJ's vision is improving, his team understanding and play is still weak, and he needs to add variety to his dribbling, as he likes taking players on. But he is getting better. Sadly, there are many just as good on the sqaud or better. So getting better may not have an immediate result of being a constant starter.

Look at Jimmy, he has been phenomenal with his opportunities. Should Bobby drop him coz AJ is getting better?

Dax777 said:
Blue Haze said:
I couldn't understand what Mancini was saying in his Sky interview. The interviewer asked him what Adam could have improved on. Mancini said something... I don't know what, it sounded like he said AJ didn't put in a shift defensively.

Seems like this would be an easy thing for Adam to correct. Silva has learned how to track back and defend well.
I think the interviewer was trying to get something out of Bobby. He's actual claim was that AJ could get better overall. His passing, movement, influence, decision making, everything could improve. But the guy pushed, so Bobby used an example of him not tracking O'hara on the second goal.

To be fair, AJ does try hard to track on defense, but Bobby is right: He could be better, and should want to be better. That is what great players do. They don't rest on their laurels. They permanently look for weaknesses to fix, and this makes them greater. AJ's vision is improving, his team understanding and play is still weak, and he needs to add variety to his dribbling, as he likes taking players on. But he is getting better. Sadly, there are many just as good on the sqaud or better. So getting better may not have an immediate result of being a constant starter.

Look at Jimmy, he has been phenomenal with his opportunities. Should Bobby drop him coz AJ is getting better?

I agree, I just hope he listens to Mancini. Richards, Lescott, Milner, they've all persevered and become better players.

Really hope management doesn't let this get out of hand with a transfer request, that would be awful. Look at that pass to Nasri, it would be a tragedy to let some other PL team scoop him up.

Blue Haze said:
Dax777 said:
Blue Haze said:

I agree, I just hope he listens to Mancini. Richards, Lescott, Milner, they've all persevered and become better players.

Really hope management doesn't let this get out of hand with a transfer request, that would be awful. Look at that pass to Nasri, it would be a tragedy to let some other PL team scoop him up.

Let it get out of hand with a transfer request? If he doesn't want to improve himself, he can go on a free for all I care. I mean £20m of course; the standard rate for a british winger *rolls eyes*.

AJ proved yet again that he's frickin' superb for 45 minutes of a game but spends the other 45 minutes just jogging around and not doing very much. Until he can rip a team apart for 75+ minutes he'll never be a first choice pick. Is he a bit too eager perhaps? But if he can expand his game (i.e. the pass for Nasri - sublime) and pace himself, he'll get more chances. I think he's already listening to Mancini but I wouldn't be surprised, nor bothered, if he asked for a transfer, and if he did, to me he's just another Stevie Ireland. If he doesn't ask for a transfer, even if he never becomes a regular first teamer for us, he's proved his commitment and willingness to learn. I hope he has good advisors (and not just Mancini).

Kolo proved yet again that defenders can't switch off for a second.

This was all a matter of keeping concentration. Wolves just didn't - which simply means our second string was much better prepared than theirs. Introducing O'Hara changed the game for them (and not just cos he scored) but it was too late by that point, and it didn't exactly stop us from playing.

I think Mick's got it in him to keep Wolves up, time and time again he's made changes to save a game, he keeps on doing it, and never moans when they get beat, well, no more than when they win anyway. I don't think he's got the players to win a cup or get into Europe, ever, but he's got an eye for a lively lad.

impressedwolf said:
Hi guys
I hope you dont mind me posting on your forum as I am a Wolves fan!
Just wanted to pop on here and say how impressed I was with your boys tonight. When Man City click its frightening to be honest and I think they will probably be able to beat any team at the moment, such quality in depth too is scary.

As a Wolves fan, I set my heights slightly lower and we are happy with 17th in the premier league. Survival is always going to be our aim, if we can manage slightly better than that then we are over the moon.
I will be honest, i was proud of my team tonight and think they can go away with their heads held high, the scoreline is there for all to see but i think we done more than just turn up. Man City were just a different class. Having said that, one player on your bench is worth more than out entire squad!

I know there is a lot of rivalry in football but Man City are a hard team not to like to be honest! We are so pissed off with hearing about man utd all the time its a breath of fresh air to see the City "the sleeping giant" come back to life. We even see the glory hunter man utd fans around our area and its so bloody annoying.

I hope you go on to win the league and the cup this season and stick two fingers up to the man utd wankers, its your turn to have some fun for a change after having your blue noses rubbed in it for far too long!

Obviously I want my team to win on the weekend but its gonna be highly unlikely, i just hope we dont get embarrassed too much.

Anyway, thats it from me. I might pop back on after the weekend with my observations of the league game.

Just one more thing, Alan Johnson is one hell of a player and its mad that hes not first on the team sheet every week!

Im guessing that posts from non city fans arent welcomed here?...Thought it was rare for a fan of another team to join a forum just to praise the opposition. not a single reply! lol

impressedwolf said:
impressedwolf said:
Hi guys
Just wanted to pop on here and say how impressed I was with your boys tonight. When Man City click its frightening to be honest and I think they will probably be able to beat any team at the moment, such quality in depth too is scary.

As a Wolves fan, I set my heights slightly lower and we are happy with 17th in the premier league. Survival is always going to be our aim, if we can manage slightly better than that then we are over the moon.
I will be honest, i was proud of my team tonight and think they can go away with their heads held high, the scoreline is there for all to see but i think we done more than just turn up. Man City were just a different class. Having said that, one player on your bench is worth more than out entire squad!

I know there is a lot of rivalry in football but Man City are a hard team not to like to be honest! We are so pissed off with hearing about man utd all the time its a breath of fresh air to see the City "the sleeping giant" come back to life. We even see the glory hunter man utd fans around our area and its so bloody annoying.

I hope you go on to win the league and the cup this season and stick two fingers up to the man utd wankers, its your turn to have some fun for a change after having your blue noses rubbed in it for far too long!

Obviously I want my team to win on the weekend but its gonna be highly unlikely, i just hope we dont get embarrassed too much.

Anyway, thats it from me. I might pop back on after the weekend with my observations of the league game.

Just one more thing, Alan Johnson is one hell of a player and its mad that hes not first on the team sheet every week!

Im guessing that posts from non city fans arent welcomed here?...Thought it was rare for a fan of another team to join a forum just to praise the opposition. not a single reply! lol

thanks fo the compliments. tbh honest i was worried after your second went in lol

impressedwolf said:
impressedwolf said:
Hi guys

Sensible ones like yerself certainly are mate.

Watching johnno every week (when he plays) its clear that against the better defences(no disrepect), he's not quite there yet. His weakness is his lack of pace and strength, but my view is that when he comes on as a lateish sub when defenders are tired he is a great option. Similar to SWP in that respect but he has a better final ball.

Im not a huge fan of Mick MCarthy (even if he is an ex City player), but the last couple of years you have played some good stuff against us, and i think youve got enough this season going forward so I actually think you'll be ok if you van sort your defence out a bit- Norwich and Qpr will fade and blackburn are dead in the water . I like Martinez but wigan will also struggle.

just dont pick up form until sunday.

I take on board what you say about Johnson, he looked a class act last night but i guess you seem him play alot more than I do. We have a similar thing with Jarvis, hes either superb or very ordinary.

I like Mick and think he has done wonders at Wolves and thought the stick he got from the fans last week against Swansea was out of order, they have very short memories.

Im hoping you are right about Norwich and QPR etc, i fear for Wolves this season but hopefully they will get back on track again soon.
Couldnt agree with you more about needing a better defence though, I thought Roger Johnson was a good signing but hes not been playing well lately but we also need a few more like him. Craddock too old and Elokobi too slow etc

I was at Molineux last season when we beat City 2-1. We could see than City were gonna be good then but not quite the finished article. However last night, even with so many "reserves" they looked much more the part

impressedwolf said:
impressedwolf said:
Hi guys

like has been said sensible ones are always welcome.
i'm a bit surprised you are where you are in the league seeing how you played last night.
for the first 30 mins you were easily the better team and were giving us the runaround and unlucky not to get a pen when kolorov let the ball roll down his arm.
obviously if you don't take your chances the way we are playing we will make teams pay.
and that is what happened. some of our pass and move is breathtaking of late and teams can't live with us.
i hoping this will continue, but you gave us a tough game last season and i am expecting the same.
p.s. like the look of o'hara, he looks a good player for you

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.