Wolves Vs City Post Match Discussion thread

impressedwolf said:
I take on board what you say about Johnson, he looked a class act last night but i guess you seem him play alot more than I do. We have a similar thing with Jarvis, hes either superb or very ordinary.

I like Mick and think he has done wonders at Wolves and thought the stick he got from the fans last week against Swansea was out of order, they have very short memories.

Im hoping you are right about Norwich and QPR etc, i fear for Wolves this season but hopefully they will get back on track again soon.
Couldnt agree with you more about needing a better defence though, I thought Roger Johnson was a good signing but hes not been playing well lately but we also need a few more like him. Craddock too old and Elokobi too slow etc

I was at Molineux last season when we beat City 2-1. We could see than City were gonna be good then but not quite the finished article. However last night, even with so many "reserves" they looked much more the part

Thanks for you comments I always like to read the perspective of other fans you are most welcome on here

tonea2003 said:
impressedwolf said:
impressedwolf said:
Hi guys
I hope you dont mind me posting on your forum as I am a Wolves fan!
Just wanted to pop on here and say how impressed I was with your boys tonight. When Man City click its frightening to be honest and I think they will probably be able to beat any team at the moment, such quality in depth too is scary.

As a Wolves fan, I set my heights slightly lower and we are happy with 17th in the premier league. Survival is always going to be our aim, if we can manage slightly better than that then we are over the moon.
I will be honest, i was proud of my team tonight and think they can go away with their heads held high, the scoreline is there for all to see but i think we done more than just turn up. Man City were just a different class. Having said that, one player on your bench is worth more than out entire squad!

I know there is a lot of rivalry in football but Man City are a hard team not to like to be honest! We are so pissed off with hearing about man utd all the time its a breath of fresh air to see the City "the sleeping giant" come back to life. We even see the glory hunter man utd fans around our area and its so bloody annoying.

I hope you go on to win the league and the cup this season and stick two fingers up to the man utd wankers, its your turn to have some fun for a change after having your blue noses rubbed in it for far too long!

Obviously I want my team to win on the weekend but its gonna be highly unlikely, i just hope we dont get embarrassed too much.

Anyway, thats it from me. I might pop back on after the weekend with my observations of the league game.

Just one more thing, Alan Johnson is one hell of a player and its mad that hes not first on the team sheet every week!

Im guessing that posts from non city fans arent welcomed here?...Thought it was rare for a fan of another team to join a forum just to praise the opposition. not a single reply! lol

like has been said sensible ones are always welcome.
i'm a bit surprised you are where you are in the league seeing how you played last night.
for the first 30 mins you were easily the better team and were giving us the runaround and unlucky not to get a pen when kolorov let the ball roll down his arm.
obviously if you don't take your chances the way we are playing we will make teams pay.
and that is what happened. some of our pass and move is breathtaking of late and teams can't live with us.
i hoping this will continue, but you gave us a tough game last season and i am expecting the same.
p.s. like the look of o'hara, he looks a good player for you

I think not taking our chances has been out biggest problem this season so far. Like you said, against teams as good as City if you dont put your chances away they will punish you. Point proven is a 4 minute spell last night!!

I agree O'Hara looks sharp and players like him will be vital if we are to survive another year in the top flight.

I enojoyed both league games against City last year, I was at Molineux when we won 2-1 but the game away which ended 4-3 was far better to watch. Wolves never give up and I like that about them but they give themselves too much to do sometimes!

As I said in my first post, its good to see City up there and doing so well. You have had to live in the shadows of Man Utd for far too long. Man Utd arent hated cos they are good its because of the way they are. I cant see City being hated, im hoping your fans will remain grounded and remember where you have come from.
I noticed in an earlier post someone said that City's fans were a little arrogant last night but we didnt see it like that, its was all fun and why shouldnt you enjoy it, you are on hell of a run and i hope it continues....(well after the weekend anyway lol)

Ducado said:
impressedwolf said:
I take on board what you say about Johnson, he looked a class act last night but i guess you seem him play alot more than I do. We have a similar thing with Jarvis, hes either superb or very ordinary.

I like Mick and think he has done wonders at Wolves and thought the stick he got from the fans last week against Swansea was out of order, they have very short memories.

Im hoping you are right about Norwich and QPR etc, i fear for Wolves this season but hopefully they will get back on track again soon.
Couldnt agree with you more about needing a better defence though, I thought Roger Johnson was a good signing but hes not been playing well lately but we also need a few more like him. Craddock too old and Elokobi too slow etc

I was at Molineux last season when we beat City 2-1. We could see than City were gonna be good then but not quite the finished article. However last night, even with so many "reserves" they looked much more the part

Thanks for you comments I always like to read the perspective of other fans you are most welcome on here

cheers mate :-)

A nervous game today, Wolves were by no means a poor team, even though they were poor in front of goal.

I might well be doing Wolves a disservice though, since they attacked reasonably well for periods, but never played that penultimate ball into a striker to actually have a shot.

Wolves worked hard, and at no point ever looked 'defeated' - which is to be highly commended.

As for City - I was worried we MIGHT lose our discipline in the face of a referee who appeared to be impervious to anything against us. Of course, I'm biased, but there were a number of shirt tugs on Dzeko, and some questionable holding all round.

It wasn't a dirty game - just a lot of holding and niggly fouls (in my opinion) but the ref didn't appear to be applying standards fairly. In fact he even penalised Balotelli for leaning forwards whilst a Wolves player climbed over his back. Balotelli didn't move from the spot, so I fail to see quite how he can be penalised for that.

Anyway, there were moments after the sending off when I thought Wolves were likely to snatch something. A tense time from 80 mins onwards.

Wolves fans turned up in numbers - did their best to cheer the team on, and appeared ecstatic when they scored - perhaps in a belief they could snatch something (which WAS possible).

Yaya was disappointing. A little sluggish as times, wasteful or careless at other times. Gareth Barry was immense - not particularly creative but made some great tackles and has a fabulous ability to slow a game down. He has such a reassured look about him it was ideal for the situation we found ourselves in down to 10 men.

Nasri was fine - can't say he had a bad game, because he didn't.

Dzeko still looks a bit clumsy to me. I know he's scoring but he doesn't look 'clinical' to me.

Aguero missed what looked like a fabulous chance (but replays tended to suggest it was a bit trickier than it looked) - good game all round, but didn't get many chances due to Wolves having at least 9 men, and usually all 11 behind the ball.

Kompany was his usual self, think he made only two mistakes (one of which was the penalty)

Lescott was great

Kolarov - caught out of position a couple of times, and seems to be playing a game of 'dare' with some of his passes to Lescott whilst under pressure (rather than put the ball out of play to relative safety)

Micah played quite well, put in some nice balls from the byline.

AJ played quite well when he came on. We appear to be a little 'left sided' in the team - with the ball being played out wide left a lot more often than wide right (or is that just my perception?) - still AJ really added a bit of zip.

Silva - a quite game by his standards, but very few mistakes. It seemed at times that Nasri / Silva / Aguero were trying to play intricate football to break through a 9 man defence - and it proved to be unsuccessful.

Hart - his throwing distribution was a real improvement. A couple of times he reminded of a certain Peter Schmeichel in is Utd hey day when he'd throw the ball out VERY quickly and create a super fast counter attack / break. That was good to see from Hart, and it nearly worked for us on at least one occasion.

Balotelli - could have done a little more to help defend, but may have been under instruction to keep up field to counter Wolves. He had one break when he really was away all by himself from just inside the Wolves half - it was noticeable that his pace wasn't the best. A truly fast player would have broken away to get one on one with the keeper, but Balotelli didn't quite have the pace. Still, he managed to hold the ball up though until he could lay it off - so well done for that.

Mr Mancini - poor performance from him. I didn't see a single wave. But on a serious note, made the right substitutions and did what was necessary after the sending off. Shame Aguero had to come off, but it 'needed to be done'.

Overall performance - 7.5/10 - Solid, and fighting a referee. We did all that we needed to without ever 'shining'. The sort of performances we've seen from other teams and said "they keep winning even when not playing so well'.

And final note

There was a fox right at the very top of the south / colin bell corner .... provided a little extra entertainment, it was perched on a ledge about 100 ft up (literally RIGHT at the top of tier 2 rising up to tier 3... amazing!

Has anybody any further information about the forced seal re-allocation that City are proposing for east stand tier 3? I am in 306 & i believe they want to put away fans there from next season

Wolves played exactly the way you would if you were to beat a team like City. Unfortunately for them they couldn't finish. I think were light in the midfield quite honestly. It's considered that were more attacking when we have 2 holding players instead of 3. But we just didn't have as much time on the ball in front of goal.

maultin said:
Has anybody any further information about the forced seal re-allocation that City are proposing for east stand tier 3? I am in 306 & i believe they want to put away fans there from next season

Throw this man a fish.

hgblue said:
maultin said:

Throw this man a fish.

arrk arrk arrk
*balances a ball on his nose Aguero style*

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.