Women referees for the future?

There should be female ref's, for sure, 100% no question. In Baseball too.
Anyone who doesn't think so is extremely ignorant.

they have to be better than the shitbags we keep getting, bring them on!

but i hope they can take some abuse.. i think i would end up feeling sorry for them rather than when i get angry at a man. sounds patronising but i dont think id be comfortable with a load of men shouting at a woman. although it would be discrimination to not allow them to ref.

ban-mcfc said:
they have to be better than the shitbags we keep getting, bring them on!

but i hope they can take some abuse.. i think i would end up feeling sorry for them rather than when i get angry at a man. sounds patronising but i dont think id be comfortable with a load of men shouting at a woman. although it would be discrimination to not allow them to ref.

exactly. i've always thought that a bunch of whiner players shouting at a ref (regardless of gender) should be immediate red card. Fuck off with it. You can't scream in the face of ref's in any other sport like you can in football. its time wasting and unsportsmanlike from spoiled over paid whiners. GET ON WITH IT.

Re: Re: Women referees for the future?

BLUEMATT23 said:
Just wandering with all furore over the lady that ran the line on Saturday what people's opinions would be for women being potential match referees in the prem for the future?.

I personally don't have a problem with it & would welcome it. Although it is difficult to assess at the moment surely they can't do much worse than some of the shockingly poor male referees that we have from time to time or to be more precise more or less every week.

Great idea, after all, they're never wrong!

Only problem I'm thinking about is whether they can demand the authority a male referee can. I'm 17 and referee, but won't do adults because 1) I look younger than I am, and 2) the players are gonna think 'right we've got a kid let's shit him up so he'll give us decisions'. I've been doing kids 2 or 3 years younger than me and without sounding like a big headed twat, I rarely make mistakes and have been getting rated 8, 9 and 10 throughout the season. But I reckon that for the time being it's best at that age because I won't be able to handle all open age matches.

Had a female ref last year for a match for my Sunday team, and I thought she did alright (and restrained myself from having a go a few times just because she was a woman) but some players really did lay into her and she looked terrified at the end. Just think it might be a bit too risky, especially the way players like Rooney are to refs.

Definitely but they should be made to wear bikini tops and short skirts just so we can tell from the 3rd tier that it's a female ref. Plenty of slow-mo replays aswell when the 'gifted' ref's get a proper jog on.

On second thoughts would there be a risk of "Oh my goddd, Kuyt the ugly bastard nearly kicked Joe Hart's gorgeous ripped ab's...i'm booking you, nasty bollocks!"

Right then sufragettes...give us your worst ;)

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.