Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
She’s obviously a good player but has looked a real lost soul in Manchester and played poorly on the whole. Probably best to part ways. She will get fixed up in the US.
tbh never seen her have a decent game, never above a 5, that said, not seen her live.

BBC have started their coverage of the Rags women’s team - they will get 90 per cent of the headlines on the Beeb this season. So predictable.

We are sorely in need of a striker who does nothing but turn the ball in when given the chance. We are gonna struggle unless we can get someone in the middle who can capitalize on the chances the team create. Scott, Parris, Walsh and Houghton were all on the bench today. We had two wingers, Lawley and Emslie who had the beating of their fullbacks all match long but when the ball gets into the area there's a puff of nothing and the ball is cleared. We scored the first on 50 odd mins when the Leicester side had clearly run out of luck and the bounce of the ball in the area fell our way, and three more goals followed but it should have been double figures. I suspect CFC would have buried this Leicester side today with an avalanche. Anyway, three pointer. I've watched a lot of MCWFC games and the opposition today had the least to offer of any team turning up at The Academy.

We are sorely in need of a striker who does nothing but turn the ball in when given the chance. We are gonna struggle unless we can get someone in the middle who can capitalize on the chances the team create. Scott, Parris, Walsh and Houghton were all on the bench today. We had two wingers, Lawley and Emslie who had the beating of their fullbacks all match long but when the ball gets into the area there's a puff of nothing and the ball is cleared. We scored the first on 50 odd mins when the Leicester side had clearly run out of luck and the bounce of the ball in the area fell our way, and three more goals followed but it should have been double figures. I suspect CFC would have buried this Leicester side today with an avalanche. Anyway, three pointer. I've watched a lot of MCWFC games and the opposition today had the least to offer of any team turning up at The Academy.
What happened with Jane Ross? I was a big fan of hers, especially when she was banging them in, but Cushing seemed to favour Parris. Was she just not good enough for him?

Also on your later point, last season there was a massive gulf in difference between our's and Chelsea's mentalities; they were far more resilient and determined than we were. I think Cushing needs to be put under a bit more pressure here, as it feels like everyone's taken their foot off the gas since the Spring Series started last year and it's just not acceptable considering the ambition of the women's team.

What happened with Jane Ross? I was a big fan of hers, especially when she was banging them in, but Cushing seemed to favour Parris. Was she just not good enough for him?

Also on your later point, last season there was a massive gulf in difference between our's and Chelsea's mentalities; they were far more resilient and determined than we were. I think Cushing needs to be put under a bit more pressure here, as it feels like everyone's taken their foot off the gas since the Spring Series started last year and it's just not acceptable considering the ambition of the women's team.

Jane Ross is at West Ham, I think! Foot off the gas seems to be part of it, but the entire build up from the back is so slow it's almost in reverse sometimes. CB1 passes to CB2 who then passes it back. And we have passes back to Bardsley from the halfway line. These two scenarios happened more than half a dozen times today, and Leicester were applying no pressure whatsoever on the player with the ball. it's easy to be critical but CFC, Birmingham, The Arse apply more pace to the build up! Cushing needs to get it sorted.

Jane Ross is at West Ham, I think! Foot off the gas seems to be part of it, but the entire build up from the back is so slow it's almost in reverse sometimes. CB1 passes to CB2 who then passes it back. And we have passes back to Bardsley from the halfway line. These two scenarios happened more than half a dozen times today, and Leicester were applying no pressure whatsoever on the player with the ball. it's easy to be critical but CFC, Birmingham, The Arse apply more pace to the build up! Cushing needs to get it sorted.
Yeah, I'm wondering if the fact we've been constantly changing around a previously winning team might have something to do with it? Last season when I watched them at times they played like strangers! But Cushing definitely needs to do SOMETHING.

Sorry I wasn't clear about Ross btw, I meant why did she fall out of favour?

Yeah, I'm wondering if the fact we've been constantly changing around a previously winning team might have something to do with it? Last season when I watched them at times they played like strangers! But Cushing definitely needs to do SOMETHING.

Sorry I wasn't clear about Ross btw, I meant why did she fall out of favour?

Same as Izzy, I suppose. Face doesn't fit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.