Women's team - 2018/2019 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had that game finished 10-2 Bristol couldn't have complained. Two gifted goals for a team that didn't have an ounce of attacking ambition. Our play was sloppy in the extreme and there was ne'er a bounce of the ball in our favour for the entire ninety. First goal a pen and then Steph slammed one in from outside the area. Great goal. But too many passes going astray. There was one occasion in the second half where we had three players in with a shot on goal and we got three passes made instead of a single shot! We tend to be over-elaborate at times and today it cost a couple of points. It'll be a game Karen Bardsley will want to forget in a hurry.

Hey ho, roll on Wednesday!

You are not wrong apart from saying Bristol couldnt have complained if they lost 10.2! Certainly Brisyol had no arracking ambition and no attacking quality.They shouldn't have scored against us if they played for a fortnight.

KB's mistake for the first goal was like an under error but there had been 3 other shocking mistakes from Steph and especially Abbie that had be stunned and wondering what the hell was going on.It seemed we were desperate to go a goal behind. Just mind boggling it how inept we were.

Going forward we were always going to dominate the ball but creatively just not composed or clever enough. From very early we seemed to be trying to force things to happen rather than playing good football amd working chances. Even Parris , who could beat ger defender for fun , was putting hopeful things across rather than actually picking someone out.

To be fair though our center forward, leader of the line was Nadia Nadim. For me, and maybe not a popular opinion, when she is in the side I feels like we are playing with 10!! She tries and runs but she is tubbish. She makes runs but too often they take her offside or they are just bad runs. Play the ball to her feet and her control is not good at all. She had 2 heading chanbes in the first half. One I thought she should have scored but it was tame and at the keeper.The other just went over.Then a golden chance from a great low cross. She had to score but somehow didn't. Couldnt really tell if it was a great save or not but a good connection and not just hitting it low and its a goal and she was maybe a yard out! I will have to watch that to see exactly what happened later.

Lots of huffing and puffing second half and then we gifted them a second goal. Probably even crazier than the first which would be hard. What KB was doing god only knows and why both her and the defender ran off to the goal when we gave her the ball I just don't know. As long as someone went to make a tackle I am sure they don't score.But they both ran away and let her chip it in from 45 yards. Amazing.

Great resilience to keep going and get a draw and fitting I thought that our best attacking threat got the first one. Could have been cruel on Bristol as we had a golden chance to win in inury time but some hit a defender on the line from about 5 yards when it seemed easier to score.. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or angry at the end or just laugh.

I would just ask Nick Cushing not to start Nadim unless he absolutely has to.

You are not wrong apart from saying Bristol couldnt have complained if they lost 10.2! Certainly Brisyol had no arracking ambition and no attacking quality.They shouldn't have scored against us if they played for a fortnight.

KB's mistake for the first goal was like an under error but there had been 3 other shocking mistakes from Steph and especially Abbie that had be stunned and wondering what the hell was going on.It seemed we were desperate to go a goal behind. Just mind boggling it how inept we were.

Going forward we were always going to dominate the ball but creatively just not composed or clever enough. From very early we seemed to be trying to force things to happen rather than playing good football amd working chances. Even Parris , who could beat ger defender for fun , was putting hopeful things across rather than actually picking someone out.

To be fair though our center forward, leader of the line was Nadia Nadim. For me, and maybe not a popular opinion, when she is in the side I feels like we are playing with 10!! She tries and runs but she is tubbish. She makes runs but too often they take her offside or they are just bad runs. Play the ball to her feet and her control is not good at all. She had 2 heading chanbes in the first half. One I thought she should have scored but it was tame and at the keeper.The other just went over.Then a golden chance from a great low cross. She had to score but somehow didn't. Couldnt really tell if it was a great save or not but a good connection and not just hitting it low and its a goal and she was maybe a yard out! I will have to watch that to see exactly what happened later.

Lots of huffing and puffing second half and then we gifted them a second goal. Probably even crazier than the first which would be hard. What KB was doing god only knows and why both her and the defender ran off to the goal when we gave her the ball I just don't know. As long as someone went to make a tackle I am sure they don't score.But they both ran away and let her chip it in from 45 yards. Amazing.

Great resilience to keep going and get a draw and fitting I thought that our best attacking threat got the first one. Could have been cruel on Bristol as we had a golden chance to win in inury time but some hit a defender on the line from about 5 yards when it seemed easier to score.. I didn't know whether to feel relieved or angry at the end or just laugh.

I would just ask Nick Cushing not to start Nadim unless he absolutely has to.
Re a decent forward option instead of Nadim, what has happened with Janine Beckie? Is she injured or not available?

Had that game finished 10-2 Bristol couldn't have complained. Two gifted goals for a team that didn't have an ounce of attacking ambition. Our play was sloppy in the extreme and there was ne'er a bounce of the ball in our favour for the entire ninety. First goal a pen and then Steph slammed one in from outside the area. Great goal. But too many passes going astray. There was one occasion in the second half where we had three players in with a shot on goal and we got three passes made instead of a single shot! We tend to be over-elaborate at times and today it cost a couple of points. It'll be a game Karen Bardsley will want to forget in a hurry.

Hey ho, roll on Wednesday!
Got too agree apart from 10 - 2 score line , because our finishing was way off today , we made but wasn't taking the chances .

Re a decent forward option instead of Nadim, what has happened with Janine Beckie? Is she injured or not available?
How is Pauline Bremmer now injury wise? IMO she has a real talent in scoring goals and I hope she will be back in contention in the very near future.
Unfortunately, I still feel that time is running out for the manager. We have one of the best squads but have not performed like one on too many occasions over the past twelve months.
Wednesday’s game is a real season maker/breaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.