Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Especially as they only came for ONE season only.

I am disappointed not to have seen Rose Lavelle play more often having watched her great performances for the US team.

I know she has had injury issues which have impacted but she never seemed to be used that often from the start of games with substitute appearances being more of the norm.

Not sure if Taylor didn't rate her that much or whether it was as a consequence of her injuries although she did return to the US and play in their games .

The fucking arrogance of those three muppets in the studio as both teams took the field.
Aluko: "Only one winner in this game, Chelsea!"
All three backing Chelsea to win easily.
Their game plan was obviously to bore Barca to death defensively and hit them on the counter with Kerr and Harder.
That's great as long as you don't concede first. Never mind 3 in 12 minutes. After that Barca just toyed with them.
I couldn't help hoping they got battered. City deserved to beat them in the league home game and only a wonder save on to the bar and a glaring missed header at the end prevented it and City winning the league. To hear the fuckers go on about Chelsea you'd think they fucking romped it. Despite how good Barca were in the first leg against us if Kelly converts the penalty, they have been shitting it at our place 2-0 down. Fine margins.
Ah well still the FA Cup where no doubt we meet again and I wish Kelly well in her recuperation from the ACL.
Didn't see the final yesterday, but when I heard the score, I thought yes ha ha . But later felt a bit sorry for the Chelsea Women and realised it was the media and their arse kissing of Chelsea that had turned me against them , with all this "quadruple" stuff and making sound like it was in the bag .
Last week we had a outside chance of winning the league. It didn't happen, but I didn't heard one media outlet mention it , yet Monday morning BBC breakfast it was "Chelsea Champions pipping Man City" !

I am disappointed not to have seen Rose Lavelle play more often having watched her great performances for the US team.

I know she has had injury issues which have impacted but she never seemed to be used that often from the start of games with substitute appearances being more of the norm.

Not sure if Taylor didn't rate her that much or whether it was as a consequence of her injuries although she did return to the US and play in their games .
I don't think it was because he didn't rate her, just her injuries kept her out when struggled early on, and by the time she was fit, the team were in a very good run, with a lot of the form players where she would likely play, just unlucky.

Yep because that means it would have been impossible for them to stay longer obviously
They were effectively on loan while their own teams had no games, now they are starting up playing again, they are going home. I know neither of their personal circumstances, but internationals apart, they've been away from friends and family for 9 months. They were never committed to City, just using us to stay fit and focussed for their country, for which we should say thanks, and be grateful.

In contrast Dahlkemper has signed a contract to be at City longer term.

No easy task replacing Mewis as I do feel she carried us early in the season and midfield looked more fluid with her in it. Securing Dahlkemper for another year is as good as a new signing. Probably the best CB in the world right now.

Hampered by injury for us really, good luck to her.

I wonder where she will turn up though ? Lets hope it's not a nearby town.
Hopefully the former rag coach has put people off signing for them.

It seems only three teams are arsed about giving their teams decent training and development facilities over ticking a box. It's no coincidence those teams will be ones constantly fighting for honours.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.