Women's Team 2020/21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Claire Balding mentioned this and noted "City should be praised for that" before Karen Carney rubbished it with "Barca had nothing to play for..."
Nothing to play for is incorrect but she's right, barca had a commanding first leg lead, there only objective was to not capitulate and were more than happy to let City win by a fine margin. Its not praise worthy to get hammered in the first leg effectively being knocked out of a 2 legged tie in the first leg and make the second a mere disaster avoiding exercise.

The fucking arrogance of those three muppets in the studio as both teams took the field.
Aluko: "Only one winner in this game, Chelsea!"
All three backing Chelsea to win easily.
Their game plan was obviously to bore Barca to death defensively and hit them on the counter with Kerr and Harder.
That's great as long as you don't concede first. Never mind 3 in 12 minutes. After that Barca just toyed with them.
I couldn't help hoping they got battered. City deserved to beat them in the league home game and only a wonder save on to the bar and a glaring missed header at the end prevented it and City winning the league. To hear the fuckers go on about Chelsea you'd think they fucking romped it. Despite how good Barca were in the first leg against us if Kelly converts the penalty, they have been shitting it at our place 2-0 down. Fine margins.
Ah well still the FA Cup where no doubt we meet again and I wish Kelly well in her recuperation from the ACL.

Need a decent coach for a start
I can't imagine what a coach would see in the pattern of play we mainly adopt - it seems that possession at all costs is the most important aspect so that we can receive a ball deep into the oppo half and instead of trying to turn and keep moving we play a ball back twenty yards, often to the person who passed it. Mind-numbing.

The fucking arrogance of those three muppets in the studio as both teams took the field.
Aluko: "Only one winner in this game, Chelsea!"
All three backing Chelsea to win easily.
Their game plan was obviously to bore Barca to death defensively and hit them on the counter with Kerr and Harder.
That's great as long as you don't concede first. Never mind 3 in 12 minutes. After that Barca just toyed with them.
I couldn't help hoping they got battered. City deserved to beat them in the league home game and only a wonder save on to the bar and a glaring missed header at the end prevented it and City winning the league. To hear the fuckers go on about Chelsea you'd think they fucking romped it. Despite how good Barca were in the first leg against us if Kelly converts the penalty, they have been shitting it at our place 2-0 down. Fine margins.
Ah well still the FA Cup where no doubt we meet again and I wish Kelly well in her recuperation from the ACL.
Barca women destroyed Chelsea women ....made them look very avg ...hopefully city will make it next season they will have to up their game tho as Barca looked a lot faster and fitter than Chelsea

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.